Dragon's Dogma 2 - Review @ VG247

That performance review video that was posted in the thread earlier makes it look like you definitely would want a PC to play this, and a powerful one at that. And if you have to use a console, then the PS5 version looks the best, easily. Those other console versions look pretty bad, in my opinion.

I saw something on IGN (?) where they were claiming that the PC version performs better than the PS5 version, and that the constant dives in FPS in the PS5 version were making the editor ill. Possibly they were playing on an uber PC, but it's a bit sad if the console version have perf issues too.
That sucks considering the console versions of DD2 only run at 30-40fps to begin with. They should have scaled back the visuals and/or number of NPCs on those platforms in exchange for better framerates.

Seems like the micro-transactions will kill this game. The review-bombing has already started:
1711099417156.png
1711099434492.png
...and probably won't stop any time soon. We'll see if Capcom learns from this or just keep on denying the fact that the general gamer public tends to entirely freak out from this kind of behavior or have people become more tolerating (as the micro-transaction content seems only degrade the experience and is optional)? Didn't Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor try something similar and it took them a long time to repair the damage or do I remember wrong?

Seems like the micro-transactions will kill this game. The review-bombing has already started:
View attachment 5121
View attachment 5122
...and probably won't stop any time soon. We'll see if Capcom learns from this or just keep on denying the fact that the general gamer public tends to entirely freak out from this kind of behavior or have people become more tolerating (as the micro-transaction content seems only degrade the experience and is optional)? Didn't Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor try something similar and it took them a long time to repair the damage or do I remember wrong?
Sadly triple A publishers will be triple A publishers and keep crapping on gamers. If only it didn't work :(

I'm glad it fires back. Pay-to-win is such a despicable strategy to rake in more money.

The game seems to struggle with the concept it was trying to sell. It's supposed to let the players grind away, then there was this odd concept of easily changing the vocation (arguably, you need to work for the skills, but it's still quite OOC), and now, we see those last-minute reveals of micro-transactions to make the fast travel easier and the character creation more customizable. Make up your mind, already. And give honest pre-reviews.

Hopefully they'll remove this nonsense, but I seriously doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom