Dragon's Dogma 2 - Sales top 2.5 Million Units

I am so tired of people telling gamers "you are playing it wrong" (remember the Starfield debacle?). With all due respect, anybody can play games as they damn desire. And if they are not having fun playing them as they want, then the simplest explanation is that those games are NOT fun for them. Shocking right?

That said, congrats to DD 2.

Not bad yet the first game sold ten million. So it still has far to go.

Point still stands but once again thanks for the correction.

So 8.5 million then.

2.5M in about a week despite all the missinformation and fake review bombing the game went through sounds pretty good, though I don't know how much they spent on its development.

As usual, what matters to me most is that it pretty much guarantees that we'll get a DLC and hopefully more similar games in the future, which is great news all around.

It is a great start indeed. I will have to pick this one up when there is a "complete edition" or similar. I will add it to my wishlist for now.

I'm surprised they got 2.5M already despite the awful launch and the reception that came with it. I suspect the best of it came from preorders (they probably don't take the refunds into account).

But yes, it's already more than a 3rd of the first game in less than 2 weeks.

All publicity is good publicity? More seriously, the issues at launch seemed overblown by online zealots. Perhaps this launch shares similarities with the launch of Hogwarts Legacy which got bashed mostly due to non-game issues and still sold well. The silent majority seems to rule the sales.

All publicity is good publicity? More seriously, the issues at launch seemed overblown by online zealots. Perhaps this launch shares similarities with the launch of Hogwarts Legacy which got bashed mostly due to non-game issues and still sold well. The silent majority seems to rule the sales.
The scores on Steam were more than just hot air. They're barely recovering from it.
Fortunately, they seem willing to fix some of the problems, though I don't know what they can do about the performances except wait for people to buy a new PC.

Yes, you'll never know how many they would have sold if it hadn't been for the bad reviews.

I would be more interested in stats about the micro transaction sales.

Performace is still pretty bad though. I wouldn't say that specific issue is overblown. The microtransaction stuff is overblown though, for sure.

They released a game where you were literally locked into the first character you created and couldn't start a new game. That, and they had 21 DLC at launch. The negative reviews aren't surprising in the least, and I'd say they were at least partially deserved.

I will not be buying this game. So the bad reviews definitely had an effect on me anyway. Too many things I hate or find annoying going on, not just micro transactions, but bad remapping options of keys for PC (keys blocked off or fixed/unchangeable) and bad port stuff, and bad performance, bad frames per second, and I dislike the pawn system.

I should never have been interested in this game, to be honest, but the shiny pretty graphics drew me in.

Probably most of the people who remain unconvinced are because their system in particular doesn't run the game well, which is a valid reason to have issues with the game. I had no issues at all, but hopefully, they'll fix that over time for those people, this is a game that will keep selling over time, as DLCs and sales start popping up.

Every other concern was either made up by ignorant people with an agenda or addressed within a few days of the release (like not being able to create new games).

I feel genuinely sad for well-meaning people who got manipulated due to ignorance and missinformation into disliking Dragon Dogma 2 without having played it, basically becoming pawns for someone else's crusades and being deprived from 100~ hours of fun in their lives. That's the one pawn system that sucks around this game.

And all for nothing, as Capcom is making a massive buck out of it regardless.

Back
Top Bottom