Dune: Spice Wars News

Dune Spice Wars Early Access Gameplay

We got our hands on Dune Spice Wars which is in Early Access so if you want to see what it looks like when you try to take over Arrakis as House Harkonnen then here is 23 minutes of gameplay.

Dune: Spice Wars Roadmap - Steam
Hello everyone! Dune: Spice Wars has been out for almost a month now, and we're over the moons (both of them!) with the response from both players and press! We also want to give ahuge thank you to all of you for all the excellent feedback we’ve received as we work on expanding the game.

With the spice now flowing, and a strong foundation to build on, we're on track to keep raising Spice Wars to new heights. We're so excited to reveal some of the planned Early Access content in today’s roadmap.

Anybody actually played this? I played both the original Dune and Dune 2 back in the day but never played Dune 2000. It looks to have solid reviews so far even though they are still working on the roadmap/dlc.

Well I'm afraid I'm biased as I played Dune 2, Dune 2000, and Emperor. Those games pioneered the RTS genre, but I can safely say this new version is completely different.

First there will be no cheesy cutscene's which are a staple, and two it's not mission based. You pick a faction get dumped on the planet, build, conquer and expand like a 4x.

Techraptor loves it but I don't agree with the writer.

Link - https://techraptor.net/gaming/features/dune-spice-wars-pinnacle-dune-rts-legacy

Oh man, Emperor: Battle for Dune! The game everyone keeps forgetting when discussing Dune games, despite it being amazing. I love it. Sadly, it's not even available anywhere, which is a real shame.

I still have the original cd case but because of old outdated protection it wont install on win10. Same problem with Dune 2000, but there are workarounds to installing them.

Basically download some third party files and use a torrent or pirate site.:shh:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm pretty much done doing all sorts of weird hacks to get games to run. I did it not too long to get Gothic 1-2 to run smoothly, but I try to keep it at a minimum.

If it's never released on GOG or similar, I might have to do it at some point though. Time will tell.

Dune: Spice Wars - Official Air & Sand Update Trailer

Dune: Spice Wars' third major Early Access update, Air & Sand, is available now for the 4X real-time strategy game. The Air & Sand update brings a new dimension to the combat with the introduction of flying units, as well as other improvements to the game. Check out the latest teaser trailer for Dune: Spice Wars. Additionally, Dune: Spice Wars is now available on PC Game Pass.

It's been a while since the last update, what's going on?

Well, with all of the support, feedback and help our community has afforded us since launch, we needed to make sure that what we were developing and planning to bring to the game was decided with their expectations, hopes and suggestions firmly in mind.

With that, we have made some adjustments to the development plan, which meant that the next update would be the most significant and substantial one yet (more specific details on that further down the article) and pushed back some of the more "good to have, but not urgent" developments that we originally had in mind.

Obviously, such a change in course can have a bit of a domino effect, as we've seen with the recent lack of updates but we're confident that our community will be thrilled with the result!

The full release will bring the sixth major content update since the game entered Early Access, introducing the opulent and politically sharp House Ecaz. With a total of six factions now warring over the priceless spice, the pursuit of power is as unpredictable as the sands of Arrakis themselves.

Throughout Early Access, Dune: Spice Wars has continued to grow and be refined thanks to a clear content roadmap and feedback-based updates.

The new arrivals, House Ecaz, wield power like a paint brush, rapidly expanding its influence across the hostile canvas of Arrakis, where sun and sandworm devour all. The prestige of their artworks grants them unique power over the Landsraad, letting them stand toe-to-toe with even the Atreides in terms of political clout.

Great just another 4x combat game with no story campaign or cut-scenes.

Back to the classic Dune RTS games which are better. On the topic of the score IGN gave it a 9 you have to be kidding me. Biased much IGN. You gave Stafield a 7.:movingon:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom