Elden Ring journeys and experiences

I figured it out. I was right. It does change depending what level range you're in.
Raising your level will also gradually increase your overall defensive stats, in addition to the bonuses provided by the stats you're increasing.

• Physical Defense (and VS Slash/Strike/Pierce Defense), Magic Defense, Fire Defense, Lightning Defense, Holy Defense:
    • +0.4 Defense per Level from Level 1 to 71
    • +1 Defense per Level from Level 72 to 91
    • +0.21 Defense per Level from Level 92 to 161
    • +0.03 Defense per Level from Level 162 to 713
  • Immunity, Robustness, Focus, Vitality:
    • +0.2 Resistance per Level from Level 1 to 71
    • +1 Resistance per Level from Level 72 to 111
    • +0.3 Resistances per Level from Level 112 to 161
    • +0.03 Resistances per Level from Level 162 to 713

I'm currently level 82 which is why I'm getting the +1 at every level on all stats.

Yes, he is slightly harder than a Runebear...

Funny, I was complaining about Radahn, but now I'm fighting the twin gargoyles, and they make Radahn seem like a cakewalk by comparison.

Funny, I was complaining about Radahn, but now I'm fighting the twin gargoyles, and they make Radahn seem like a cakewalk by comparison.
That is true...
What summon do you use?
I remember that the bow shooting girl you get during a side quest was very effective if used in a clever way.

I'm going to avoid that spoiler for now because I don't want any hints. I've been using the Mad Pumpkin Head ashes recently because he can tank a lot of enemies. He didn't last very long against the gargoyles though.

I need to upgrade my ashes. Most of my renowned ashes are +2 but none are beyond that. I've been hoarding graveworts.

I just got the Mimic Tear ash but haven't upgraded that at all yet.

I'm going to avoid that spoiler for now because I don't want any hints. I've been using the Mad Pumpkin Head ashes recently because he can tank a lot of enemies. He didn't last very long against the gargoyles though.

I need to upgrade my ashes. Most of my renowned ashes are +2 but none are beyond that. I've been hoarding graveworts.

I just got the Mimic Tear ash but haven't upgraded that at all yet.
The Mimic Tear is considered the strongest ash by most people.

Re: Mimic Tear
Once I got the Mimic Tear, all other ashes seemed pointless.
Their advantage is that they equip whatever you have equipped when you summon them. Suspect that an enemy is vulnerable to Sleep? Equip some sleep jars. You don't have to use them if you prefer to defend and pound when the opportunity arises, but your Mimic Tear might. They'll switch between melee and thrown/missile when necessary - good for those enemies that are highly mobile.
Upgrade that Mimic Tear as much as possible!
Before that I was using the Banished Knight summon, who is quite tanky.

Re: Twin Gargoyles
I gave up on them and came back to them later.
There's an optional summon outside their door that can be enabled by a certain quest (hint: something to do with the NPC found near there IIRC) that makes it easier. Once I worked that out, I came back. You, him, and the mimic tear, gives you a pretty good chance.

Re: Twin Gargoyles
I gave up on them and came back to them later.
There's an optional summon outside their door that can be enabled by a certain quest (hint: something to do with the NPC found near there IIRC) that makes it easier. Once I worked that out, I came back. You, him, and the mimic tear, gives you a pretty good chance.
Yeah, I'm going to let them be for now. I tried with the mimic tear upgraded a few levels and still got my ass kicked. I can see it's just not their time yet.

I finally found the other half of the Dectus Medallion, and I've reached the Altus Plateau now. I know I could have gone sooner via the ravine, but it was bugging me that I didn't have the medallion, and I was determined to find it.

I killed the Putrid Tree Spirit in the War-Dead Catacombs. What an annoying fight that is. I hate when a boss has a random move that kills you regardless of how much health you have. Also, that fat fuck who guards the bridge between the Carian Study Hall and the Divine Tower of Liurnia. I look forward to visiting some pain on him later.

Also, that fat fuck who guards the bridge between the Carian Study Hall and the Divine Tower of Liurnia. I look forward to visiting some pain on him later.
I hate those guys. The place I left the game was a different place where one of those roly-poly jerks is in a church. Trying to avoid him while tripping over pews and around columns in an enclosed space was not fun.

I hate those guys. The place I left the game was a different place where one of those roly-poly jerks is in a church. Trying to avoid him while tripping over pews and around columns in an enclosed space was not fun.
In the church I remember there were two of them. But may be you mean a different one...

Also, that fat fuck who guards the bridge between the Carian Study Hall and the Divine Tower of Liurnia. I look forward to visiting some pain on him later.
He gave me a lot of grief, until I found you can just run past him and the door is openable when you get to it.

In the church I remember there were two of them. But may be you mean a different one...
I'm pretty sure he's meaning the temple in Volcano Manor (Google says Temple of Eiglay) where you only meet one. Took me several goes, that one.

Yeah those Godksin mofos are annoying. There's a fight later on on the game where you meet a fat on AND a skinny one.
Advice:
They're vulnerable to sleep, if you need a breather, or only want to fight one at as time.

He gave me a lot of grief, until I found you can just run past him and the door is openable when you get to it.
Yeah, that's exactly what I did after a few tries. I'll still be coming back for him though...just because.

He doesn't seem like he'd be very difficult in a proper arena. What makes that fight hard is being stuck in such a narrow space with him.

Anyone use the Concealing Veil talisman? The description says it's supposed to make you invisible when you crouch a certain distance from enemies. It doesn't seem to work though. Is it only for PvP?

I'm pretty sure he's meaning the temple in Volcano Manor (Google says Temple of Eiglay) where you only meet one. Took me several goes, that one.
True, I forgot that one and was thinking of a later encounter.

@JDR : Yes, I remember that this talisman makes you invisible from a distance only in PvP. In PVE it improves stealth but doesn't make you completely invisible. Against strong enemies it is useless and against weak ones you don't need it. (In addition in PvP having a bow in your hands with arrows, that have a magic effect, lets the enemy see the arrow even if you are invisible.)

I've explored most of Mt Gelmir, and I'm currently in the Gelmir Hero's Grave dungeon. Talk about aggravating. Those chariots are annoying enough on their own, but when you add entire corridors filled with lava to the mix, it can make you wonder what kind of masochistic prick designed some of these levels.

Back
Top Bottom