Fable 4 - Overview

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Exputer checked out known info about Fable 4:

Fable Has Me More Excited Than Ever For 2025

With the new trailer shown at Xbox Game's Showcase, Fable looks absolutely fantastic and I am all up for it.

Story Highlights

• 2025 has another title in the roster, and it's called Fable.
  • The new trailer seems to be very appealing for all the series fans.
  • It feels like the game would be groundbreaking and amass a new following.
The first Fable game was released in 2004 on the Xbox. It featured features like character quests, a combat system with ranged and melee fighting, a skill tree, and much more. This game was groundbreaking and inspired many players to buy an Xbox. Fable amassed a cult following over the years, and its games were polished and innovative every time a new title was released.

With the last main game in the series being Fable 3, which was released back in 2010, fans have been wanting a new game, and it felt like a dream until recently. The new Fable game has made a name for itself among the fans as Fable 4; however, that is not the official name. Despite that, the new Fable title looks incredible, and here is what I look forward to.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Graphics do indead look good but man that default asexual main lead is ...how do I say it's a damn huge turn-off. I hope they include an option to create your own character.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved the setting of the first game, but at the same time I absolutely hated the enemies' auto-levelling ... And since I assumed that they kept this mechanic, I never played any of their Fable games again.

Only played the first game and found it mostly average. I don't see this being something I'll be much interested in, but you never know.

I also hope you can create your own character, the game looks fantastic, and I find the humor and voice acting pretty good.

I don't anticipate this having character customization. If it did, I think we'd have seen more than just the female protagonist by now.

Well the developer did promise character customization. Also that's an asexual hero that looks like a cross between both sexes in the trailer. Just bad advertising really.

Well the developer did promise character customization. Also that's an asexual hero that looks like a cross between both sexes in the trailer. Just bad advertising really.
That's not what asexual means. I think the word you're looking for is androgynous. Though I'm not even sure I'd call it that in this case, looks more like one of those cases of where they make a female character intentionally ugly just to be enlightened and feminist.

Your correct I'm just to lazy to bother and fix it. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway some are claiming the developer is just trolling.

As that abomination in the trailer might be the villain.

that abomination in the trailer
:LOL: Sounds extreme but in this case I don't think it can be denied.

fable-4-graphics-real-playground-games-550x309.jpg

She reminds me a lot of the actress they chose for Ellie in the Last of Us TV show. I forget her name now. Personally, I have nothing against it, and I would play it if the game is good, even if I had to play that character. It's just I prefer to create my own character, where possible.

Fable 3 is one of the worst and dumbest RPG's I ever tried to play, so I'd probably pass just based on that alone. Never tried Fable 2, as it was console only. But it's not like the first Fable was even that great, so I have no idea how this series even gained traction to begin with.

Fable 3 is one of the worst and dumbest RPG's I ever tried to play, so I'd probably pass just based on that alone. Never tried Fable 2, as it was console only. But it's not like the first Fable was even that great, so I have no idea how this series even gained traction to begin with.
This isn't the same developer. Not that it gives me much hope that it's going to be any better. They've developed mostly racing games prior to this. Afaik, this is their first RPG.

I have never understood that as well. I played the first one when it came out at launch and was suprised how at how plain and boring it was when we had been promised so much.

I actually remember reading this review from IGN before I played it for the first time and I wondered if I had even played the same game: https://www.ign.com/articles/2004/08/27/fable

I would of scored it a 6.5/10 at best. I did finish it so it must of been just good enough as back in those days I actually didn't finish games unless I really liked them vs these days I have enough time to finish pretty much everything I play (which is a lot).

Ok, I love the aesthetics of this game but wow, I can't stand the look of that female character. I do hope the game will offer character customisation options. I heard all Fable games had housing, so hoping this one would too.

Back
Top Bottom