DA:I Facepalm

Dragon Age: Inquisition
3., 7. and 8. are essential spells and you need them everywhere.
6. is very handy in most fights, but you can switch it with something else when against a dragon where it's useless.
While not redudant, those other 4 can be sacrificed for powers or specialization spells.

Still waiting for a fight I really need Revival for. ;)

LOL
Well, I guess you can always reload if you get finished by the trio of bears spawned in front of your face after nailing a hard rift mobs in Hinterland. Oh you survived them just like I did? Yea… But the game then spawned a trio of black wolves right on my arse who, of course, bited it. Instadeath since I had no more pots.

And that's Escapist's 10/10 game.

Tbh I'm not having many problems with respawns. In the Hinterlands I avoided the fights with templars/mages and tried pacify the region first. I (as a gamer) didn't want to fight meaningless battles and from a roleplaying perspective it made sense as well.

But of course I had a few fights where I died but that was before I got the Revival ability. Since then I had one or two fights where I actually needed it (I'm level 12 now). May be related to the fact that I try to do all possible side quests before proceeding the main plots. So I was able to pick my battles. For example there were some Fade rifts in the Hinterlands with Rage Demons I wasn't able to beat, so I came back later.

And that's Escapist's 10/10 game.
Quite obvious that you can't take them serious (any more).

My problem is I can't know if hostiles are just trashmobs not worth your time or drop questrelated loot. So I kill them all.

In the end, I expected a Bioware game. Instead, I got Blizzard game. Although I refused to buy and play WoW, Diablo 3, Heartstone and whatever they're milking past 10 years.

EA should have initially say - we aim this design fail to Blizzard's grinding community. I wouldn't buy it then and no damage done. Sure, I'd never see the beauty of main quests in that case, but I wouldn't shed a tear over that.

I think you have a map marker for everything quest-related. As far as I can see, it's not necessary to kill mobs except it is explicitely required by a quest (with marker) or they're in your very way (for example in a dungeon).

When I'm exploring areas I rarely check the map. ;)
But yes, some things are definetly marked. Maybe all quests, dunno really. Didn't actually care much for those. I did use the map for quarries though. Those are almost pixelhunt, bad design.

• restriction to 8 abilities in the hotbar
This is so damn crappy. My mage has a specialization now and even more abilities… I just can't believe it.

Back
Top Bottom