Fallen: A2P Protocol - Two Free Gift Copies

I might have a spare for Irien if he hasn't gotten it yet, but he'll have to do a review and suggest the best JA2 and Fallout 2 spiritual successors for me to play!

He'll have to suggest you the best JA2 spiritual sucessor ? Now you did put Irien on a tough spot :biggrin:

He'll have to suggest you the best JA2 spiritual sucessor ? Now you did put Irien on a tough spot
I know, I haven't played much for PC RPGs in years and I'm hoping to take advantage of his addiction to skip all the chaff.

I'm going to jump on the Harebrained Mechwarrior revamp, because I loved Battletech and a turn-based Mercenaries style RPG really greases my noodles.

I have tried A2P in the meantime. Sorry to say this game can not compete with xcom at all. For me it is disappointment

Thanks for the offer of the key - I haven't got one by any other means, so am definitely interested.

I'm wary of promising a review (which is why I bowed out to the other guy) due to spare time in the run up to Christmas - I'll try, but can't promise.

As for sucessor to Fallout2 and Jagged Alliance, the .72 Caliber and related games/mods from the Russian scene certainly look interesting.

I still rue the fact that Fall: Last Days of Gaia never saw a release outside of Germany - that looked like an interesting isometric post-apoc game.

The glib answer would be Wasteland 2 Directors Cut. It is probably the closest to Fallout 2 that I've played. The revised battle system with targetable limbs perhaps gives it a bit more tactical depth.

That new Krai Mia game looked interesting - early access on Steam now. But may be too soon to comment.

Whilst not quite the same thing, you could do worse than that new Banner-Saga-Engine game "Bedlam by Skyshine games" aka "Skyshine's Bedlam". It puts me off by using the phrase "roguelike" (I don't like investing a lot of time and then losing all my progress through one dumb click), but I've seen a lot of praise.

An oldie that I personally love - Odium (aka Gorky 17). Group of clueless soldiers go and investage a signal from a russian base (or something) and discover all manner of mutated things to battle in a tactical, turnbased combat system. Bit short, but really fun. But old now. Still have boxed copy.

I'll stop there - hopefully there's one or two ideas there?

(joke) Oh, wait, what about Fallout 3 and JA:Flashback/Reloaded/Retailed/Flogged-to-death? Not to mention Fallout Tactics…

I loved Gorky 17 back in 1999, even more so it is a polish game by Metropolis Software

Back
Top Bottom