Fallout 4 - Bethesda got help from id Software @ VG24/7

Media is paid. Every RPG veteran knows Skyrim without the toolset and the community - was trash.

Media is paid. Every RPG veteran knows Skyrim without the toolset and the community - was trash.

Dude, give it a rest. There are a ton of "rpg veterans" here that love Skyrim. Your opinion is different, but it isn't better.

For instance, you could take parts from a rocket launcher and merge them with parts from a shotgun - and the result would be the combination of those two.
…. some of you guys would be much more excited about that sort of thing

I think we would be more excited if it really allows many combinations. But… what if the result is simply either rocket launcher or shotgun based on what part you use from which weapon + few stat or other modifications?
(I hope I dont destroy anything with that idea :) )

Every RPG veteran knows vanilla Skyrim was awesome.

See? I can make extreme biased statements too.

Sure you can, it's just that it hasn't nothing with reality.

Dude, give it a rest. There are a ton of "rpg veterans" here that love Skyrim. Your opinion is different, but it isn't better.

I never said my opinion is better, I just said the truth. Why should I give it a rest? Cant I have an opinion? Or are you butthurt everytime when someone talks realistically about Skyrim ? Please don't be a blinded fanboy, I never said people don't love Skyrim .

Sure you can, it's just that it hasn't nothing with reality.

I know it has nothing to do with reality?…. that's why it's called an extremely biased statement….

Looks like we have a troll here, I mean you're not even reading the posts anymore. And your wonderful blanket statements are hilarious.

Anyways, doesn't really matter because if there's ever going to be a runaway success such as Skyrim then you're always going to have the little RPG elitists that are mad that it isn't "indie" enough. Poor babies. "zomg the mammoth flew around once, wtftrashbbqNOTultima7QQ!!!

nydncartoon.jpg

I think we would be more excited if it really allows many combinations. But… what if the result is simply either rocket launcher or shotgun based on what part you use from which weapon + few stat or other modifications?
(I hope I dont destroy anything with that idea :) )

Then they're lying about what it's like or I misunderstood something about what they're saying ;)

Please tell me you're kidding. :)

Don't get me wrong, I love Bethesda's games (once I mod them to my liking), but they haven't been innovative in any way for a very long time. Morrowind was the last game that was any kind of major push in technology for them.
Yeah, they stopped pushing the boundaries when consoles became their focus. Because you can't push the boundaries on a console.

And in regards to the subject of this news post:
(1) Fallout 4 being "more like a modern FPS" is supposed to be a positive thing?
(2) id Software helping out is supposed to be a positive thing? When's the last time id Software made a good game?
(2a) How many people are left in id Software from the last time they did make a good game? Zero?

So, what RPG games aren't trash, according to those so-called "RPG veterans"? And what exactly constitutes, in your point of view, an "RPG veteran? Someone who has played cRPGs for a very long time? Or is it the number of games he has played? Does the time playing real RPGs (and by real I mean the original ones, made of dead trees) count for being a "veteran"?

Media is paid.

One input provided by the crowdfunded movement is that the media are not paid (in the meaning they are not bought to write positive reviews on products)

This story is over now. It no longer clicked. Way too many evidences against it.

Media try to second guess their readership to write what the readership desire to read.

Media do not want to face the storm they would face if they report against the desire of players.

It is enough to read SEA reviews to notice how much the players' desire to paint their beloved products in a different way the product is to understand that a honest report on the product from the media would be damaging.

Thankfully FO4 is going to be a lot better than the Hiking Simulator IV :D :)

I just hope coding wont be a sloppy mess like in Skyrim

Skyrim was worse.

For me there was a clear difference between both games:

Fallout New Vegas: Had to continuously look into the wiki because lots of Quests were broken if you did some steps in the game in the wrong order for example.

Skyrim: Should have continiously looked into Wiki because of bad quest design. Where in Fallout: NV you always had alternative ways to solve a quest (like a thieving quest, where you can report the questgiver instead of doing the quest) in Skyrim you were stuck with some quests (like: sacrifice a fellower or keep the quest open in your questlog forever) or the quests had an alternative way of solving which wasn't apparent or even looked like a bug (like killing some guy in a mine who had so many hitpoints, that it appeared as bug that you had to hit him for minutes to kill him and solve the quest that way)

Well, also between US and EU release some minor things in New Vegas didn't work like...Savegames...oh, and you had to install a 3rd party fix for the graphics to make it playable...

Back
Top Bottom