Fallout 4 - More Reviews

Joxer, you can give anyone in your settlements clothing, weapons, and armor. If you click on the item in their inventory (T), they equip it; no questions asked. I use different clothing styles to separate who is doing what task. Sturges wears a hardhat, the gardener wears flannels, the travelers wear normal combat gear that are hand-me-downs of my old stuff, etc.
I really didn't know that I can force them to wear something!
No wonder my minuteman sidekick dies too fast while I was exploring western part of the map.

Thanks for the hint, great info actually as I stockpiled hundreds of leather/metal armors that I was about to disassemble after perks that help it, now I can use them for defenders in settlements!

If I find a baby bonnet, I'm gonna put it on that whiny dude in Sanctuary :devil:
You crazy? I'm wearing that myself! :D

David Gaider would be proud that Bethesda allows same sex romances this time. You can dress your main squeeze in whatever floats your boat.
Actually if what they've put in Fallout4 is considered a romance, I wonder if Bethesda employees ever experienced RL romance at all.
You'll see (just make sure your charisma is high).
UI is horrible, romance system is even more.

That's funny because I thought it was the worst to date. Yeah, different people have different opinions. DArtagnan educated me on that fact a while back - happy to pass it on to you.

Really...I'm curious this is the first time we saw what the world was like before the bomb, to me that was interesting.

I guess to each their own....and with your other comments I'm pretty sure this is wasted time.

Really…I'm curious this is the first time we saw what the world was like before the bomb, to me that was interesting.
I'll admit that aspect was interesting, but it didn't overcome the cheesiness of the rest. I thought the part with the Vault-Tec salesman was too short and not elaborate enough, just seemed unreal that someone would make a decision like that in 30 seconds with so little information, oh and then the huge coincidence of the war starting like a minute later. Shrug.

I guess to each their own….and with your other comments I'm pretty sure this is wasted time.
Well, we're talking about a computer game on a forum dedicated to computer games, wasting time doesn't seem like something either one of us has a huge problem doing.

It's hardly a mystery. Some people find objective, informed and useful opinions less important than venting their emotionally fueled issues.

No matter how much you despise Bethesda and their games, there's no way to justify 0/10 and claim the slightest measure of objectivity or pretend you're being useful as a contributor.

I said useful contributor. Spreading misinformation is hardly useful to anyone.
Everyone is a useful contributor to someone. Until you define that someone everything else you said means nothing.

Stumbled upon an article and now I know for sure which site administration is pumping 0/10 on metacritic.

Apparently, when FO4 got released, their traffic dropped by 10%. So to get their… audience… back, the only way IMO was to score the nasty game low:
http://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-4/f...b-over-leaked-gameplay-footage-steals-players

Oh yeah… Remember the site I can't take seriously after their 10/10 to DA2 (and also DA:bears)?
The same site never did TW3 or MGS5 review. But did FO4 one now.
No, they didn't put 11/10 or even more compared to EA's misfire, but 4.5/5 instead.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...Review-Bethesda-s-Open-World-RPG-Apocalypse.3
Yuck.

God, I need to start sleeping instead of playing all night. I'm not 30 anymore. I started over Saturday and decided to try hard instead of normal difficulty. Oof! Those feral ghouls are murder if you miss with your first shotgun blast. I can take two hits before it is reload time.

Still, it adds a layer of tension that is missing on normal. On normal, you can stand on a mine and it won't kill you if it goes off. On hard, you better be running if you hear a click. I also find myself saving much more often.

I also admit I missed my nightly purnhob visit :D

Everyone is a useful contributor to someone. Until you define that someone everything else you said means nothing.

Everything is a good meal to someone, including a piece of shit.

Being obtuse and pedantic is also useful to people who're not interested in being useful contributors.

Everything is a good meal to someone, including a piece of shit.

Being obtuse and pedantic is also useful to people who're not interested in being useful contributors.
So you are admitting Fo4 is a piece of shit? Glad you are finally ready to see the light.

Since you've only just returned I will not comment any further... :biggrin:

I started over Saturday and decided to try hard instead of normal difficulty. Oof! Those feral ghouls are murder if you miss with your first shotgun blast. I can take two hits before it is reload time.

Still, it adds a layer of tension that is missing on normal. On normal, you can stand on a mine and it won't kill you if it goes off. On hard, you better be running if you hear a click. I also find myself saving much more often.

I've been playing on 'Hard' the entire time, and yeah, it's actually pretty hard which is surprising. The difficulty really ramps after the first 20 hours, especially the further you go East.

Unfortunately, a lot of the difficulty simply comes from enemies being bullet sponges more than anything else. Other than your foes having more HP and doing more damage, nothing else changes that I'm aware of.

Strange, as I'm finding Survival mode adequate and not overly difficult. It was quite hard at first, but nothing I couldn't handle after adapting.

Maybe I haven't seen the worst :)

Glowing Ones, Deathclaws and Yao Guai are all quite doable using appropriate weapons, perks and tactics.

That said, I've yet to defeat an Assaultron - as the two I've met so far scared me, so I just ran way!

How much do you utilize VATS? Do you find that it makes a significant difference? I should have mentioned that I've been playing completely without it so far.

I never used VATS in FO3, and it wasn't an issue. I'm starting to think it might almost be a necessity for some of the battles in this game though. That or the Power Armor which I also haven't been using.

How much do you utilize VATS? Do you find that it makes a significant difference? I should have mentioned that I've been playing completely without it so far.

I use it about half the time I'd say. I would prefer not to use it, but I find that combat is a bit too frantic at times, especially when you spend as much time as I do looking through a scope.

Enemies like Glowing Ones or Feral Ghouls are just too fast to fight with a scoped weapon - and I tend to use weapons with a fast firing rate to build up critical hits when dealing with multiple fast enemies.

I'm not a big fan of the critical hit system, as it seems you don't get them outside of VATS - and you actually make them manually.

So, for certain tough fights, I use VATS to ensure a critical hit on limbs for instance - because that slows them down and makes the fight easy.

The other half of the time, I can take out enemies very comfortably using a modified sniper rifle and a suppressor. Humanoid enemies are very enjoyable to kill as a stealthy sniper :)

That said, once I get my hands on a double-shot sniper rifle and I get a few more of the right perks, I expect to be able to kill most enemies in one or two shots using stealth.

But I have no idea what to expect from the high level mobs. I could well be in for a surprise :)

I don't use the Power Armor at all - and I don't intend to. It's completely counter to my playstyle - and it's not exactly a great way to approach in a stealthy fashion. I like that they've made sound and armor weight such a big deal when sneaking - because it means you're more or less forced to wear light armor. Well, at least so far.

I've never played a Bethesda game that kept being challenging throughout - so I'm sure I'll be one overpowered bastard eventually.

It makes a huge difference for me, especially with my high agility = more action points. Then again I am not yet tired of a sneak attack head shotgun explosions.

For less dangerous encounters the melee weapons are Much more satisfying. It's much better than fo3 and nv. :)

Back
Top Bottom