Fallout 4 - New Trailer and the Graphics Technology

Overall it looks pretty good to me, especially the static structures. But yeah, overall the hair pieces look a bit sub-par. Of course, that could depend on the graphic card being used for the render. Can't wait to see how people mod this up.

One of the things I love the most about all the TES/Fallout games is the ability to play it several different times with all of the mods. It is that reason, more than anything, that makes Bethesda my favorite developer.

With that said, I truly hope that this is the last "Creation" gamebryo game.

I don't think hairworks will be possible to mod in. :p

I'm without a doubt going to play it but I agree that it appears movement and graphics are not a large improvement over the last 2 games.

The plot sounded interesting at least.

I loves me some Fallout, but I am going to wait as long as I can to buy it, hoping for a bit of a price dip before Christmas.

1) $60, which is max for pretty much any non-collector version of a game out there.
2) No pre-order discount (Steam).
3) No pre-order bonuses worth a damn.

= Triple fail. Survey says: Wait.

Last edited:
Looks pretty fine to me - looking forward to it.

Looks fine to me.
As previously mentioned, the biggest thing will be replayability, and whether the plot allows for multiple choices / different outcomes.
I must admit it is very nice to be able to stop at one point and say, "my this looks awesome". I suspect that will be the case at some points in the game!

The appeal of these Bethesda games has a lot to do (in my opinion) with immersion - which is a function of the graphics and game physics. It makes them fun to play around with even if you get bored with the story and/or everything getting somewhat repetitive (like exploring the same caves over and over again in Skyrim to get to the last skeleton guy so you can read the dragon word and get a sword that looks like all the others but has 40 charges of fire damage). To the extent these element get too far behind the curve vs. latest and greatest, I think it will hurt their games and they will sell fewer copies. Immersion requires state of the art visuals.

But what other games provide this open world immersion that are better? In the fantasy genre I can't think of anything other than Witcher, but you have to play Geralt, which is different, and that can leave a gamer feeling the need to fire up a Bethesda game to role their own character. I also think some of the awkward movement in this game engine is easier to tolerate when you are swinging swords and axes vs. shooting guns. So maybe that bodes well for the next Elder Scrolls.

But in the post-apocalyptic gun fighting genre, for me the clunky-ness is more pronounced, and I think there is more competition with first person shooters or maybe even some of these super realistic combat games. So I wouldn't be surprised if this Fallout 4 title disappoints in terms of sales due to the genre and outdated look. Could easily be avoided with a great story, but I wouldn't bet on that given Bethesda's track record in that department.

This trailer is so weak! Couldn't watch it after that hide-jacket guy in the Zeppelin..

Can't wait for this game :) Bethesda is easily my favorite game developer for how fun their games are and the replay-ability due to mods. I don't get why people are complaining about the graphics, as they look solid to me. I really don't care about the graphics if the gameplay is fun, and it definitely looks like fun.

Seems someone managed to get the game earlier and found how it ends already and they are spreading it around now. Seems the story is as crappy as we expect.

The characters look a bit disappointing to be honest, but I'm still likely to enjoy it a lot. I've taken several days off from work, so it had better deliver!

Back
Top Bottom