D:OS2 First Impressions

Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, I am so disappointed, you didn't finish it until last night? What took you so long? :p
Hah, I know, it took longer than expected. The good news is that I'm about 2/3rds through the game with my second party.

Please do. If there is another review coming in we have two reviews (or more).
Fair enough, I'll get cracking soon.

Now though, I'm kinda sad I didn't have Fane in my party. I so didn't expect those revelations.
Yeah, I'm doing a dual lone wolf game now with Fane as the main character. Quite a few interesting dialogues given what those of us have finished the game now know. Well worth it, in fact, especially since it's now easy to solve some of the more annoying, vague quests.

I'm getting bored with the combat, which I expected. Too many battles that are just fodder and have no meaning. I guess I'm in chapter two, but not sure. I escaped the first area and started killing everything in the second before I started finding other things to do with my time. I really enjoy the talking to folks and looting and really, really hate 10 minute combats. So, I grabbed a mod that makes me overpowered but I still get bored of the fighting :) Pretty fun game, even though I knew going in that it wasn't REALLY for me. I think that's decent praise.

Last edited:
Never play a game as pwning everything character that can't die.
It gets boring fast.

Never play a game as pwning everything character that can't die.
It gets boring fast.

Yeah, that was a mistake. I thought playing it straight got dull, but playing it overpowered is just a waste of time. The swamp with all of the void stuff and the bulbs was just too tedious. I'm going back to my survival kick :) I'll come back to Sin-2 sometime but party games never grab me for very long. I've never finished tons and tons of these types, including BG and BGII. I did all of the might and magics though.

In M&M you kind of play "one character" though, or through a single POV at least. In many ways, they're closer to TES than D: OS. :)

Took a while for me to finish this one, as the entire game seemed to be biased against melee types, at least during the early stages. Once I got a few levels I was able to raise quite a bit of mayhem, but using four melee in the very beginning might be considered handicapping yourself.

Can't agree. I have two melees since the game beginning and both of them kick arse since level 1.

If you tried 4 melee party earlygame, man, of course it won't work as good as mixed party. Did you see any hostile group that is 4 melee? Neither did I.

Hey, I just wanted to add that even though I'm not a party-group tactics combat dude, I still got 76 hours of fun out of Sin-2. I'm sure I'll play it again sometime too. I'm really thinking about a DKS run or the Director's Cut. First game I ever played that came out with 3 distinct versions of the same game.

A few peope here said they won't play it till it gets EE.
I replied that a couple of bugs on the first island shouldn't discourage anyone and the game should be played immediately.

Well, scratch that.

Just finished the third island and now I have to say it. No, it's not a bug-o-rama of Skyrim scale but has too many annoyances to be played right away. The first island is pretty clean, the second island needs some more polish, but on the third island half of dialogues are not closing or are seemingly pulled from the wrong chapter. Not just that, quests don't close properly, some double their rewards, source items lack of properties altough in descriptions it's stated they should have them, etc, even silly praying on altars achievement on this island is bugged. The only thing that isn't bugged on the third island is The Watcher quest! :D
On top of that while reporting some bugs I found, breezed through others' experiences and playing as Lohse main everyone reports having gamebreak bugs at certain points.

So if you didn't start the game yet, wait for one more patch please. The game is not horribly broken, but there is no reason not to wait one more week.
If you won't wait, don't main Lohse. Yet.

On top of that while reporting some bugs I found, breezed through others' experiences and playing as Lohse main everyone reports having gamebreak bugs at certain points.

If you won't wait, don't main Lohse. Yet.

Damn, Lohse is my main character and I'm quite far into island two :-S
What kind of bugs? I haven't noticed anything too bad yet....

There are dozens of these types of threads throughout Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Larian, Steam etc. When I come back to DOS2.0, I will be sure they're done tweaking it. It was still hella fun for 76 hours.

Ignore whines on social networks please. 99% of those came from people who played only Farmville in their whole life and thought this is another "can't lose" game.

Doesn't really concern me; at the rate I'm playing, Larian should have it patched long before I even glimpse Act 3 & 4. I guess slow progress in this scenario is one benefit to not really being captivated by a game?

So just killed a certain quest mob towards the end of Act 1 - I was feeling good about myself since it's no cakewalk. I go to loot up my spoils and I run into "Weapon level too high: -20% accuracy."

What a horrible design decision!

LOL -20... big deal.

Back
Top Bottom