Forbidden Unit - Now on Kickstarter

@Tom_ChainlessGames
If this Kickstarter thing doesn't work for you have you considered going to Fig?

I may not have accurate information, but from what I heard about Fig, to get there is kinda complicated and it's not open for everyone...
But yes, it will be one of the possibilities we will be exploring after KS campaign.

If you want to stick with the name how about "Rogue Unit"

Also, if this starts to stress you out maybe we can start a gofundme

Rogue Unit. You mean like a Unit Gone Wild series? Just wild units all over the place? Or one significantly wild unit. Unencumbered, Unrestrained, Untamed, Free...

Roque Unit doesn't sound bad, we will keep that as a possibility.

I didn't know about gofundme, We will have a look at it and think about it...

I'd be cautious about gofundme or indiegogo. You'll find that many people regard it with suspicion, because the projects keep all the money pledged, even if they don't reach the goal. That means those types of site are home to a lot of less trustworthy projects, and many potential backers will immediately be turned off by the platform.

Also, I think that gofundme might only be for charities.

I believe Indiegogo allows you to set the type of campaign, so get the money only if you meet your goal.
But we don't think Indiegogo has potential to collect enough funding for a bigger project. Judging by what we have seen. (of course, there are some exceptions)

I believe Indiegogo allows you to set the type of campaign, so get the money only if you meet your goal.
But we don't think Indiegogo has potential to collect enough funding for a bigger project. Judging by what we have seen. (of course, there are some exceptions)

You're probably right, but I think the platform itself is tainted in the minds of a lot of backers - they will see the platform and not look any further. I think that's part of why projects don't do as well on there - it just lacks the credibility of KS.

Roque Unit doesn't sound bad, we will keep that as a possibility.

I didn't know about gofundme, We will have a look at it and think about it…

Sorry Tom, that was a joke.

Gofundme is used by people desperate for funds for things like medical expenses and funerals. Its been seen as a target for those who would abuse it. I saw what looked like a former coworker doing that.

Sorry Tom, that was a joke.

Gofundme is used by people desperate for funds for things like medical expenses and funerals. Its been seen as a target for those who would abuse it. I saw what looked like a former coworker doing that.

Ok ok, I didn't know that :)

Btw guys, is there a chance that any of you have some contacts, or a friend, working for some gaming sites?

We tried to contact over 40 sites, as result, we achieved 1 article about the game...

It seems like using public contacts doesn't work much.

Or if you have a tip, for any other forum (we already are active on RPGcodex as well) or site we could try, It would help a lot.

Have you posted anywhere on Reddit? That's always worth some backers. WorthPlaying might be worth a shot. Other than that try to send a note to Fargo or Chris Avellone. They have tons of influence and they're fairly good about supporting indies. They might tweet about your game.

I may not have accurate information, but from what I heard about Fig, to get there is kinda complicated and it's not open for everyone…
But yes, it will be one of the possibilities we will be exploring after KS campaign.

Maybe drop the cartoon shader black outline. Improve graphics somewhat? Your direction looks amazing and features are really exciting. Maybe peeps were put off by the graphics?

I always get enraged, when really good sounding games get ignored on KS. :/ GRRRRRRR

Have you posted anywhere on Reddit? That's always worth some backers. WorthPlaying might be worth a shot. Other than that try to send a note to Fargo or Chris Avellone. They have tons of influence and they're fairly good about supporting indies. They might tweet about your game.

WorthPlaying was actually the only one site, which came up with the article...

Well, I like the idea of Brian Fargo or Chris Avellone posting tweet about our game. And I believe that it would be a huge boost for us... we will try that :)

Maybe drop the cartoon shader black outline. Improve graphics somewhat? Your direction looks amazing and features are really exciting. Maybe peeps were put off by the graphics?

I always get enraged, when really good sounding games get ignored on KS. :/ GRRRRRRR

I know that not everyone likes cel-shaded graphics, but I don't think that is the reason we don't have enough backers right now.

We are constantly trying fo find all possible and impossible ways to make our campaign more visible... So fight is not over yet :)

Back
Top Bottom