Gamescom 2015

Yeah I know it is named The Surge. This is what I've received:
The Surge - the next project by Lords of the Fallen developer Deck13 and Focus will be revealed via interviews with some of the core team at the show. The title is a visceral hardcore RPG with innovative new combat mechanics and the first details on the game will only be presented during pre-booked behind closed door interviews.
So, no videos, perhaps a bit of artwork and some talking heads that will do their best to talk about a game that is probably only in pre-production.

Try to squeeze out at least if it's planned as openworld, please. ;)

visceral hardcore RPG

Where did I read the word "visceral" the last time ... Well, it was Elex, wasn't it ? ;)

Where did I read the word "visceral" the last time … Well, it was Elex, wasn't it ? ;)
Eh...every game you hear announced today is described as "visceral".

"Visceral life is the only thing worth living for".
Buddha

Yes, visceral is the new all-pervasive industry buzz-word. It's the new serendipitous.

Visceral:
relating to deep inward feelings rather than to the intellect.

ie: all the money's gone on graphics. You have to feel this game rather than play it.

Just a few things before I must go to sleep because I need to get up VERY early in order to get to the TDE convention in time (shit train connections this weekend !) :

EA's Unravel is a thing shrouded in mysteries which need to become unraveled soon.

I mean, when I asked the EA employee for which platforms this will be made, and when it might be published, she said that she weren't allowed to say that. And when I asked her when she would be allowed to say that - in which months or weeks or so - she said to me that shze wasn't allowed to say anything about the game - and despite 10 or 20 peaople playing the game next to us !

Unravel - a game that is shrouded in mysteries which need to be unraveled.

It is still by FAR the most exciting new game for me - personally. I give a shit on your views on that. ;)

I was able to attain a tiny HOMM VII presentation + Q&A. The microphone was too loud so I had to use an earplug. Seriously, my ear ached.

So, all I could understand during the uestions was that HOMM VII is meant to be an "best of all HOMM games". They used things from all games, I think, as far as I understood them.

I don't remember anymore whether it follows the "Reboot" storyline & setting or not, but I suspect that it does.

2 ideas brought forward during that discussion :
- "Shared unites" - units that both parties in a battle can use
- a turn-based game like HOMM with Raving Rabbits (my absolutely crazy idea ! :D ) ("Your idea isn't that crazy as you might think !")

A few games I found noteworthy from the Indie part of the Games Com :

- Kingdom ( the card says rawfury.com/games/kingdom )
- The Curious Expedition ( the card says www.curious-expedition.com )
- Action Henk - I don'Ät really know whatr's a Henk (it's probably his second name) and what's it about - but it surely looked crazy ! ( card says r.gamesessions.com/henktrial )
- Smite - Battle Of The Goods (card says smitegame.com )
- Insane Goblins
- Hero-Defense - Haunted Island (sadly not for the PC !) (card says hero-defense.com , studio's name is "Happy Thursday")
- The Feud - Wild West Tacticxs (seems to be turn-based ! yey ! :) ( card says www.feudgame.com )
- Shiftlings
- Cosmonautica
- Dieselstörmers (by the team that made the Giana Sisters)
- Horizon - Zero Dawn (WHY IS THIS GAME NOT COMING TO THE PC ???) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJG0neK9cHI

Apart from that I don't remember much anymore, apartt from that VR Rabbits game, maybe, that giant Pip Boy und the anbnounced WarCraft movie. And Lego Dimensions.

"Insane Goblins"...now That's something I'm interested in.

Back
Top Bottom