Genshin Impact - Impressions by Alrik Fassbauer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Genshin Impact features many game mechanics - only the most important ones are mentioned in this article.

Some options like world building are only available later in the game.
Alrik has not touched the Spiral Abyss yet - an end game dungeon that resets all two weeks.

One of the greatest fun factors for me are the diverse riddles in the game while exploring - almost like an adventure game.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
Staff Member
Thanks, Alrik, for the article. I learned enough about the game to reinforce what I already suspected, and that is that Genshin Impact is probably not a game for me. However, I knew very little about the game before reading your article and now have a much better idea how it plays.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Genshin Impact features many game mechanics
I can only stress that. It's quite a bit overwhelming at the beginning.

I even dare to say that this is rather a game for lateral thinkers.

The only real problem I personally see is that there is no explanation for the abbreviations in the character sheet. The German-language ones were not intuitive for me (maybe they are for other people).

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
[...]
The only real problem I personally see is that there is no explanation for the abbreviations in the character sheet. The German-language ones were not intuitive for me (maybe they are for other people).
The German abbreviations:

LP = max hp = LebensPunkte
KT = crit rate = Kritischer Trefferrate
KSCH = crit dmg = Kritischer SCHaden
VTD = def = VerTeiDigung
WDS = res = WiDerStand

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Thank you.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
If you're into exploration, then this game has definitively a "only 5 more minutes ... oops, I'm playing it for 2 hours now ???" vibe to it.
There is always something more that catches your interest / curiosity ...

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
I played this when it first came out and felt it had interesting mechanics but the world didn't really matter....has that gotten better? I have installed it on my PS5 but haven't tried again.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The world has become much bigger and the world quests have become more diverse since release.

Couchpotato

Burned Out Newsposter
Just wanted to add this. ^^

Genshin Impact cost of Development was Expensive - PCGamesn
Genshin Impact cost of development is (almost) the most Genshin Impact had an initial budget of around $100 million USD, which already put it on a list of the most expensive games ever made. Constantly creating new content and making sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible isn’t cheap, especially when new version updates arrive nearly every six weeks. The president of HoYoverse, Cai Haoyu, stated in a 2021 presentation that Genshin Impact costs $200 million USD annually for its development as a live-service game, twice the initial budget needed to bring it to life. ever
Very expensive yes but they made back that money easily.:nod:

Top Bottom