GOG Games - Big Fall Sale

Maybe check their front/home page at www.gog.com, where it shows you all the "thingymabobs". I'm trying really hard not to be sarcastic here, finding this isn't hard or complex or time-consuming.

On their homepage they not only show you the sales but even let you click to filters for things like quote "Roleplay", "Adventure", "Action" etc game types. There is also an ever present list for "Popular", "New", "Up Comming" and get this "On Sale".

Said homepage also has a link that will show you everything that's currently on sale
http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&price=discounted&page=1
Though that won't show you bundle deals which are, again as a reminder, on the illusive homepage, top and center.

I know many people expect to be spoonfed, but for heavens sake what more could one expect them to do short of physically coming to your house to recite this verbally.

For heavens sake man, it's all right there on a single webpage, their homepage. This could not be easier if they made an instructional video which would be 5 seconds long with someone demonstrating how to type "gog.com"

LOL - you're right. For some reason I thought the news feed was their homepage.

I've spent most of last night and most of this morning researching various titles that are on sale. Of those that interest me I'm quite tempted by Paper Sorcerer, Lords of Xulima, Blackguards, Pillars of Eternity. Of those, both Blackguards and Pillars are still over $25 for a single game purchase (excluding buying lots of games for extra discounts). Still very tempting though, especially as you can get Blackguards +4 random games for $15 by going the bundling route.

You can buy Blackguards separately right now for $6.79

There's a better deal at Humble Bundle right now though if you don't mind getting the Steam version instead.

You can buy Blackguards separately right now for $6.79

There's a better deal at Humble Bundle right now though if you don't mind getting the Steam version instead.

You can buy a Blackguards key for Steam off of ebay right now for $1.80 or best offer ;)

Hang around long enough and someone will probably offer it for free ;)

Grabbed Stonekeep for 2,39$ imho together with Lands of Lore 1 the best dungeoncrawler made so far.

Xulima is back on sale again and I've decided to take the plunge. I've gone for the edition without the Talisman of Golot, I guess I'll find out if that was a mistake later, lol.

I might go for some bundles later in the week (I have a couple in mind that I hope might arise).

@lackblogger
Had a talisman of Golot key left as I didn't want to wait on release until I got my Kickstarter Golot Key. Just sent you a pm with the key.
Have fun :)

Xulima is back on sale again and I've decided to take the plunge. I've gone for the edition without the Talisman of Golot, I guess I'll find out if that was a mistake later, lol.

I might go for some bundles later in the week (I have a couple in mind that I hope might arise).

I played it for about 30 days. Its good but its a bit of a grind. For all the graphics and areas everything is combat, combat, combat then move onto the next area for more. I did not like that I sometimes didn't have the freedom to wander where I wanted to. The system sometimes puts up artificial barriers

@Kordanor - Awesome, nice one & thanks muchly! Now, the question is do I consider it a cheat or do I assume it's part of the game? Lol.

@Lucky Day - Yes, this is why I haven't been 100% about it before now, it looks very similar to King's Bounty in many respects only with the old-school combat, which wont be as 'fun' as KB's more showy combat, so the grind factor could prove telling. The other thing previously holding me back was the almost universal trait of modern games - that of lacklustre itemisation, but since all the games I've been interested in recently have this drawback, including the most recent two I've bought, I guess I have to suck this up and wait for my rants on the topic to get more support etc. I'm going to go into it expecting the worst and hoping for the best etc.[/QUOTE]

If it is a cheat, it's not a big one. But the coolest thing about it, is that it rewards you for exploration and discovering hidden places. These often come with an "essence" which you can use with the medallion (and if you find all it gives you a steam achievement)

Well, that was all for nothing, Xulima failed to work on my gaming laptop.

I got the Logo, the introduction cut-scene, the loading/tooltip screen, but then the main menu screen is just black and flickering. I looked on-line for solutions and apparently pressing alt/enter takes you to windowed mode and cures it - but for me it only cured the flickering, I still had a black screen, so I couldn't even go into options to play round with settings.

There's virtually no word about this on google so it must be just me and the odd few others. As far as I can tell, I meet the minimum requirements, but maybe my graphics card is the problem. It's probably that my laptop is one year too old or something, or just has a lame graphics card. I'll see if it works on my desktop another day.

I was also quite disgusted Xulima is pronounced shulima and not zulima, shulima sounds like a drunkard talking about the game :p

So I bought Paper Sorcerer instead. No idea if I'll like it, but it should be somewhat fun finding out.

Just got the Classic Anno series bundle.

Used to love those games. I played 1602 (the original, I believe) for hundreds of hours.
Will try the second one before the newer one.

Gaaahhhhhh. I missed that bundle. Sadness. :(

Gaaahhhhhh. I missed that bundle. Sadness. :(

There will probably be an encore for all the bundles on the last day of sales. I've been thinking about that one myself as well, just not too sure if the games have aged too much, graphics and game play mechanics wise.

There will probably be an encore for all the bundles on the last day of sales. I've been thinking about that one myself as well, just not too sure if the games have aged too much, graphics and game play mechanics wise.

Right you were. The big finale has started, and the bundle reappeared. :)

I grabbed Nox and Longest journey. Nox is a really fun light action rpg. As for the longest journey, well it is a timeless adventure classic which every gamer should play! :) Keep those two games in mind when the next gog sales arrives.

Back
Top Bottom