Gothic 1 Remake - Questions & Answers

Game Director Reinhard Pollice und Audio Director Kai Rosenkranz answered some fan-questions from GameStar about the Gothic 1 Remake at the Gamescom (Video in German, please use autotranslate):

Short Summary:

• Lost content and maybe even content from the planned (but never released) addon will be restored
  • Voice overs will be recorded again, with the old cast
  • Combat will get more options
  • Magic combat only will be possible (no need to change to close combat)
  • Later chapters get a higher quest density
  • Maybe you can stay loyal to the Old Camp or Swamp Camp and ascend as Heavy Guard or Guru
  • Old music melodies will stay and get enhanced, new ones will be added
  • All in all - stay true to the original and add things that were originally planned but later omitted due to time/resource problems
More information.
  • Voice overs will be recorded again, with the old cast?
    NICE !!!

I wonder, will the women you meet in the game say Shhh! You're not allowed to talk to us! like in the original? Or will they have more interesting things to say this time?

I wonder, will the women you meet in the game say Shhh! You're not allowed to talk to us! like in the original? Or will they have more interesting things to say this time?
If they can do this Lost content and maybe even content from the planned (but never released) addon will be restored there should be plenty of real content with women

If they can do this Lost content and maybe even content from the planned (but never released) addon will be restored there should be plenty of real content with women
I doubt there would be much more if they're following the scripts from the original game.

However, I don't think it's their plan to copy the original word for word. I expect the dialogues will be changed to some degree and expanded.

That is why i said about the cancelled addon, that expansion had plenty of women content. That addon had Thora which was supposed to be one of the most important npc/companion to the hero; there was also rhobar's daughter.
ps anyway this is one of the aspects i hope it will be improved, i dont think gothic 1 can do romances but a female companion would be nice even if its poorly done like in elex :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom