Gothic 3 - Version 1.6 Patch Available

Well, at long last I'm reinstalling Gothic 3 and downloaded this ... just in time for the expansion!

Are you actually going to play G3 again from the beginning? It's going to be a long journey. :)

Probably not, but I have been wanting to get some time with it for quite a while.

The expansion is stand-alone. Better wait for the final community patch. It's not far away.

Last edited:
It's a shame that the final community patch will require a restart. I still have my old G3 save file and I was planning on finishing from there. :(

The expansion is stand-alone. Better wait for the final community patch. It's not far away.

I know it is stand-alone, but I've been looking to re-install anyway. I won't get far enough that I'll care much about losing the save since I also reinstalled NWN2 and MotB (well, first install for this PC).

What is the final CP supposed to tackle? The only outright bug that I still have in 1.6 is the void issue of NPCs entering the "underworld", but I doubt the world data file will be fixed.

with the expansion coming out soon, i wonder if there will be a boxed version containing Gothic 3, CP 1.7 & Forsaken Gods? it would make a nice collectors' item.

with the expansion coming out soon, i wonder if there will be a boxed version containing Gothic 3, CP 1.7 & Forsaken Gods? it would make a nice collectors' item.

The upcoming Collector's Edition has what they are calling the 'fully patched' G3 (not sure what it means), Forsaken Gods, and all of the CE stuff that the EU originally got.

What is the final CP supposed to tackle? The only outright bug that I still have in 1.6 is the void issue of NPCs entering the "underworld", but I doubt the world data file will be fixed.
There was a teaser for 1.7 some time ago in which there were improvements in combat and some effects and sounds added.By the way will it be out in 2008 or not?

Back
Top Bottom