Grimoire - is there really hope?

for no logical reason whatsoever.

Actually, they did have their own kind of "logic".

The only problem is, that their kind of "logic" is totally twisted and stands not in terms of what we NORMALLY agree to be logic. Apart from the fact that their kind of "logic" is based on totally false assumptions.

What I tried to poiint out is the "dehumanization" factor (right spelled ?), which Corwin saw as well. The point is, that you can reduce the absolute core of business to nothing but numbers. I think, it is totally effective in terms of business, to descriobe EVERYTHING in terms of numbers, in terms of costs and in terms of profits.

And when I say "everything", I MEAN "everything".

That's it.

I am well aware that business can be reduced to just numbers. I work in a facility that is just like that. I fully expect to be fired because I took today off. I know a man who was fired for taking time (legally within his rights to do so, FMLA) to see his newborn daughter in the hospital and seeing her home.

I still would not compare business to Nazis in any manner, even mine. While businesses boil down to whatever makes them the most money with the least amount of expense, the Nazis had no real logic or reason behind it. And no, no amount of hallucinogenic drugs could convince me that Nazi thinking remotely resembles logic.

Logic and reason requires thinking; taking what you know and deciding how to act upon it. Abject hatred is completely devoid of any sort of thinking or knowledge. It is acting without thought on the basis that there is a target you can hit.

I still would not compare business to Nazis in any manner, even mine. While businesses boil down to whatever makes them the most money with the least amount of expense, the Nazis had no real logic or reason behind it.

Racist logic and Darwinist fashism logic. Just because you don't understand/like it doesn't mean it's not logical. You have to make a few assumptions you have a hard time making (since most of them are based on prejudice) but one you make them Nazism kind of makes sence.

Übereil

As Ubereil says, IF you accept the pre-suppositions that its based on (and that's where most of us would have major problems) then there is a perverse logic in Nazism. Selling hateful pre-suppositions seems to be what most politics is all about!!

Back to Nazism again. I knew it!

I guess we have a couple of Nazi sympathisers in this thread, and this time our dear sweet Corwin is among them - for shame!

j/k - if in doubt.

man the discussion has gone way off topic!

I reiterate; hope is the carrot dangling in front of the ass. Grimoire won't come out. I have a better chance of being elected miss America. By write in. Without anyone ever seeing my face. And having no boobs. Or a personality for that matter.

I was thinking, "yeah it could happen", until you got to the boobs part. :p

Yeah, I'm lacking in that department. I'm also lacking all other feminine bits; which makes me winning that title even less of a possibility.

BTW, this is my optimistic view on Grimoire. You don't want to me to get pessimistic. ;)

Grimoire is just so coming out this year. Think what cheese you will have to eat then. I will be serving it with a slice of crow.

Working on it every single day, at least at hour a day. NPCs are done. Editing the living daylights out of items now and anything they are related to. Then will edit daylights out of monsters. That leaves a dozen things to do in the scenario and then Grimoire will go into beta testing again and then it will be released. Think of the tidal wave of Roquefort you will be choking on when that happens if it's this year. Think if I also release another game this year, both of them before end of 2009. The cheese will be a tsunami of cheddar whip and you will have to eat it all.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
By now this game must be truly brobdingnagian.
I´m expecting at least a decade of betatesting and a new religion or two.

Somehow I don't think I will be inundated by cheese this year :)

Since we've already had 2 rounds of beta and people always get confused about which is which, I'm declaring the next round gamma-testing just for clarity. I can honestly say I hope you're right, Cleve.

Back
Top Bottom