Grimoire - Version 2 Live

All past drama aside, and granted its considerable, the game looks pretty good. I like the interface and it seems fairly polished.

Help push Grimoire back up to it's original 92% positive rating before the assault of the SJW refunders!

The SJW tag looks like a large umbrella to cover for many issues.

After reading reviews on the steam page, the closest thing would be a guy noticing that female avatars' attributes are different from males', wondering why.

A bit thin considering the hundred more negative reviews.

Must be that asking for a refund is now considered as another exhibition of social justice. Ask a refund, be a SJW.

Honestly, I really enjoyed the game and fully intend to replay it, probably sometime this upcoming year. If you enjoy a serious dungeon crawler that's actually challenging, this game would serve.

did you do a steam review by chance? I'd like to read a review that isn't a "plant" by cleve. Lots of the positive reviews I have seen have hardly ever reviewed a game on steam, so it makes me think they can't be trusted. Now you've got me considering it again...

There’s a 3 hour let’s play out there. The game looks pretty polished to me. It’s a shame the game can’t truly be evaluated on its merits vs it’s past

Sorry, no, I didn't leave any remarks on steam but I probably mentioned what I thought about the game here on this forum at some point. Really though, if dungeon crawlers are even slightly appealing to you, I think you'd enjoy this. Forget about the rascal that created the game, and just dive in, that would be my advice.

Well, I did end up weakening and purchasing it. I then threw it on the pile of ~1,875 games in the backlog, so I think I can probably wait for the manual... :)

For your own health, don't hold your breath waiting on that manual to appear. I didn't need a book to get through the game, it wasn't exactly difficult or anything like that, didn't even need to grind or anything.

I bought it today as well. What’s the status on the manual? Any word?

Supposedly, it needs to be made into a PDF still.

I assume the guy has written it in the old-school way, with his own blood on vellum.

:p

I see that the manual was just released and the game is 50% off on Steam right now. It's $9.99.

Hmm, don't know what I should do :-/

I see that the manual was just released and the game is 50% off on Steam right now. It's $9.99.

Hmm, don't know what I should do :-/

If you like Wizardry type games, I'd recommend it. I spent 90 hours in it and finished it. Its a lot like Wizardry 7, both in a positive and a negative sense.

I would completely agree with Forgottenlor here, if you enjoy those styles of games, you'll love Grimoire. If you don't care for them, you'll likely not care for this one, either. I had no complaints from when I bought and played it, and likely will replay it many more times.

It has far more creature comforts than W7 even with Cosmic Forge automapping. And it’s better for it for certain. Like a quest log and annotating maps. But other than that yes it is incredibly similar. I highly recommend both games.

Back
Top Bottom