Gun Policy

SJ, yes we've found something to agree on :)

I can't claim to do much for animals myself. I'd do everything for my dog - and I immediately empathise with most animals I come face to face with, but I'm not actively helping or contributing anywhere.

I'm also an eater of meat - and I don't go out of my way to buy things that are supposedly based on better treatment of the animals being murdered.

So, in that way - I'm a sad, pathetic, hypocrite. I make no claims of being a better person - because I'm most definitely not.

The one area in which I might consider myself being in the superior position, is that I don't delude myself - and I don't latch on to reasons why it's ok to murder innocent living beings. I can't, because things must make sense to me before I state they're smarter than things that don't make sense.

Not that the animals get much use out of that. I mean, it's great that I don't kill them personally - but I'm still actively supporting their deaths by eating meat.

I don't know. I guess I'm just not into the whole moralising theater that seems to be necessary for some people to exist in comfort with their own weaknesses.

SJ, yes we've found something to agree on :)
The first of many, I hope! :blush:

I'm still actively supporting their deaths by eating meat.
It's a tough one. A friend used to work at a supermarket and he said I'd be disgusted at how much food they throw away. He estimated over 60%. Yet he got so angry at the dumpster divers. Chances are if you don't eat it then it will be thrown away, but if its all eaten then demand has gone up and more need to die. Can't win! :(

It's a tough one. A friend used to work at a supermarket and he said I'd be disgusted at how much food they throw away. He estimated over 60%. Yet he got so angry at the dumpster divers. Chances are if you don't eat it then it will be thrown away, but if its all eaten then demand has gone up and more need to die. Can't win!

I imagine if they throw away 60% - then they'll eventually realise they need to buy less of it.

But it's sort of like the piracy argument or the "support the developers" argument.

Any individual will never change anything - so it's more the question of making the effort in the hopes that more people will follow.

That's why I've often considered becoming a non-meat eater. Not because I think it will make a difference in the grand scheme of things, but because it's one more step on a road I believe to be the right one.

Now, it's not that I hate humanity or consider us an evil race. Not at all. I like most people I come across - in one way or the other.

But I do think we're pathetic, weak and stupid. I think there's the potential to become more - and I think there are ways we could actually improve the world that are very significant, but it won't happen for hundreds or thousands of years - and I expect there's a good chance we've destroyed everything before we get the chance.

@jdr;
I think he's just looking for an excuse to suck off 20 guys. Really average comedian. His early stuff is especially terrible.

Yeah… that must be how he got so popular. Because, you know, there aren't very many average comedians. ;)

Well, sucking off 20 guys is cooler today than ever before thanks to the wholesome liberal agenda. Gotta promote those gays and trannys!

Which reminds me of an outrageous comedy routine that would be incredibly unpopular!
If you're easily offended, please, watch it twice :p

I've tried watching a little Louis CK - and I can't say he provoked any kind of reaction that I can remember. Definitely not my kind of comedian, but then most comedians aren't.

Of course, we all know JDR gets defensive and takes any criticism of what he likes very personally - and in a few moments he'll say the same about me, even though I'm not really like that ;)

As for him allegedly jerking off in front of people without their consent, I guess that goes to show what happens to people when they get more attention than their talent warrants.

I find that people with genuine talent TEND to be more respectful of others, because they're less uncomfortable with their own inadequacies - and they tend to respond to excessive attention from the sheep-like masses with a more subtle and balanced disposition.

See, JDR, I don't even like Bioware. I "defend" when something is unreasonable and I have the surplus of energy - not when I'm personally affected.

I don't get personally affected by any and all criticism of something I like. Well, not very much.

That's on you - and that's ok. Most people are like that.

I'm impressed. I didn't know Trump had supporters in the land down under. :)
He totally doesn't. If Australia got to vote it would have been 8 more states for Hillary.

Of course, we all know JDR gets defensive and takes any criticism of what he likes very personally - and in a few moments he'll say the same about me, even though I'm not really like that

As for him allegedly jerking off in front of people without their consent, I guess that goes to show what happens to people when they get more attention than their talent warrants.

JDR jerked off in front of people without their consent?! :D

The funny thing is that there wasn't even a reason to get so defensive because no one was really "bashing" them.

But keep telling everyone how Darth Tagnan doesn't get emotionally invested. It's only others who do that.

I'm sure if you keep repeating it, someone might actually think you're being honest. :)

I'm not a fan of Trump, either, if that wasn't clear from the Alex Jones stuff.

I liked Ron Paul and only Ron Paul. Bring home the troops!

Like, they gave you two options? A Clinton or a Bush? Trump might be a moron but at least he's not a legitimate war criminal. Yet.

To me, when unreasonable things are said about something - that's reason enough to point it out. If you don't think so, then that's cool, too.

I'm not saying I don't get emotionally invested. I'm saying I'm in a lot more control of my emotional response and the "effect" is therefore more or less nullified before I respond. Not always a good thing - and it's definitely not the result of good things happening to me.

I have no illusions that people believe me. The only reason I bring it up, is because it's true. You might say I'm not invested in whether people believe me or not. Again, not very much - as we're all invested on SOME level.

You have that "sports team" mentality about things you like. What I would consider loyalty that's often very misplaced, but I know that other people admire that kind of loyalty.

It's not really a criticism. Just one area where we're very different.

You and SJ are actually alike in that way. He also gets extremely defensive about things he personally likes. He even goes beyond that, and attempts to enforce his opinions.

I haven't found that with you, from what I can immediately recall.

I'm not a fan of Trump, either, if that wasn't clear from the Alex Jones stuff.

I liked Ron Paul and only Ron Paul. Bring home the troops!

Like, they gave you two options? A Clinton or a Bush? Trump might be a moron but at least he's not a legitimate war criminal. Yet.

A moron can be a lot more dangerous and destructive than a war criminal. Of course, Bush was a moron too.

That whole "war is always worse" isn't a very fair argument, I find. There are circumstances where even the most noble of leaders will find themselves in a position where a war must be justified.

War is definitely always worse. Sure, that's all that's holding USA up from collapse. It's good in that way. I loved USA when I was there. Other than all the bread being sweet as cake and the water tastes like its from a pool and the cities are so dirty and in an aura of smog. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. Great people. It's a huge shame that USA foreign policy blinds most of the world to how nice the normal people are.

But, yeah, war is always worse. Nuclear war will destroy the world. I saw some video about how just a few nukes will raise the global temperature 2 degrees and that's enough for all the crops to die from climate change.

It's back to the Threads thing I was saying before. Any attack on Iran could end the world. USA bombs Iran, Iran launches LRMS at Israel, Israel fires nukes at every Iran city. Worlds over. Then you gotta be ultra rich to get a place in one of those underground cities they already have made.

War is definitely always worse. Sure, that's all that's holding USA up from collapse. It's good in that way. I loved USA when I was there. Other than all the bread being sweet as cake and the water tastes like its from a pool and the cities are so dirty and in an aura of smog.

Ah… you must have went to California. :)

What you describe doesn't represent the vast majority of the US.

Back
Top Bottom