Issue with computer

Carnifex

SasqWatch
So my computer is acting up. What I notice is maybe after forty-five minutes to ninety minutes of use first things will slow down, it acts like a version of windows seven or earlier instead of windows eleven. Then after about ten or so minutes it will simply shut down, no error no nothing. It doesn't seem to be running hot and it can happen with any program, I've had it crash while I was in emails, watching a lecture online, playing a game, etc. Once it does crash it never lasts that long again, subsequent fails happen within twenty minutes. Sometimes I'll get a boot error and have to select a safe way of starting up. Honestly I've no idea what's going on, my brother who has helped before is out of town and on the phone he said it could be anything, video card hard drive even motherboard. Without errors he didn't think it was a software conflict.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm disabled and cannot even lift my computer, let alone open it or work on it myself. And even if I could I know nothing about them, other than how to find the power button and keyboard.

Sounds like a CPU heat problem...try using whatever software your motherboard maker provides for monitoring the CPU temp. Or use a generic one, like coretemp, hwinfo, hwmonitor, speedfan, etc.

Also see if you have any Windows mini crash dumps in the c:\windows\minidump directory, or if you have a full crash dump in the file c:\windows\memory.dmp. Those can be analyzed, if it's actually a Windows crash and it managed to save a dump.

With the Windows program eventvwr (just type it in) you can view all events of your computer in several logs.

There you can see if a process/program runs amok.

Random shut downs can happen too, if the computer is overheating - maybe a fan doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:
Check your window processes using Task Manager. There was time when this happened with Win10 and that was the problem. One of them was overheating my system.

Back
Top Bottom