Kingmaker - Kickstarter Launched!

How does pathfinder rules differ from dnd ?

It is based on D&D 3.5e (link to ref doc). Paizo used the open gaming license to use base 3.5e when WotC announced they were moving to 4e and they created their own setting to work with it.

Depends on what edition of DnD you're referring to. Pathfinder is closest to the 3.5 edition DnD, PF is very rules intensive, massive amounts of classes, races, feats, spells, etc. PF prides itself on its diversity of options, mechanical nuance and heavy character development.

Now if you were to compare PF to 5e DnD, then it's way more complex then 5e, which can be a good thing and can be very bad, especially for a new player. I can't speak for this video game, but there are so many options and features to the classes in PF that it can be intimidating to a new player. Every class has sub-classes called archetypes, different feats, skills, possibly racial traits, the ability to specialize your character in PF is almost endless.

Yeah it does really good, i thought at first it will be a pure turn based game but that little combat snippet betrays the realtime elements of the game. Hopefully it turns out better than Pillars of Eternity. Hoping for no awful camping supplies mechanic.

Pillars of Eternity was junk, PoE II looks like crap too, so I'm hoping at least this one turns out to be a somewhat not repulsive non-turn based thing, which I'll play at my cousins' for couple minutes to determine buy or no. Probably:

No turn-based = no buy

How does pathfinder rules differ from dnd ?

They stayed more faithful to the original dnd 3.5 then the newer stuff basically.

They stayed more faithful to the original dnd 3.5 then the newer stuff basically.
That's kind of an understatement though, right? Being compatible with D&D 3.5 is an actual goal of Pathfinder. They've added nifty new things, but it's still the same basic system. Meanwhile, the newer versions of "real" D&D just blew everything the fuck up.

It looks like it's off to a good start. I hope it can continues.

That's kind of an understatement though, right? Being compatible with D&D 3.5 is an actual goal of Pathfinder. They've added nifty new things, but it's still the same basic system. Meanwhile, the newer versions of "real" D&D just blew everything the fuck up.

True.

Dumbfunding is starting to sound like betting… good sheeple, good ..

giphy.gif

For a moment there I thought I had mistakenly gone to the Codex forums. Then I realized it was just luj1 being his normal self.

Somebody didn't follow proper containment procedure on that toxic waste dump.

For a moment there I thought I had mistakenly gone to the Codex forums. Then I realized it was just luj1 being his normal self.
He visits Codex as well, he is even worse there.

It's pretty close to half way mark in just two days! Can't wait to see more updates once they meet the initial goal :) go owlcat people!!!

It's pretty close to half way mark in just two days! Can't wait to see more updates once they meet the initial goal :) go owlcat people!!!
From what I read before the KS, seems they put a lot of good stuff into stretch goals. But the campaign is not going fast, it is going to for sure reach 500k but I don't think it will reach 1 mil $ and I bet they already prepared important stretch goal at higher support levels.

From what I read before the KS, seems they put a lot of good stuff into stretch goals. But the campaign is not going fast, it is going to for sure reach 500k but I don't think it will reach 1 mil $ and I bet they already prepared important stretch goal at higher support levels.

Well, it's only been 2 days :) Where did you get the info on stretch goals if you don't mind sharing?

Not a fan of those "Early Bird" tiers which punish people who like to contemplate about a project or want to wait for more updates. I can understand why they do it (creating hype by quickly boosting the total amount), but as a potential supporter it's a big turn-off for me, so I'll pass on this one.

I think reaching one million is pretty likely, though nothing is for sure :)

Well, it's only been 2 days :) Where did you get the info on stretch goals if you don't mind sharing?
From interviews and their answers in comments. They didn't give specific details but said stretch goals would be more classes, races, expanded kingdom simulator, possible MP, support of other languages, platforms and other things.

I like everything about the game but I don't like this build your kingdom and manage it etc. stuff. I never saw the point of that in RPG. If I want to manage my kingdom etc then I will go and play RTS and not an RPG.

To me, RPG is about me or me and group of my friends going on an adventure, exploring strange new worlds, looting everything on not tied to the group or murdering poor dragons for their stuff or saving damsel(s) in distress (sry SJW) etc. So this managing a kingdom is a distraction which I don't want.

So my question is why people want this stuff in a RPG?

Back
Top Bottom