KotOR 2 - The Mod Awakens

Personally, I've always thought KotOR was overrated. Never played KotOR 2.

I'd like to replay KotOR to see if my opinion has changed over time, but with my backlog…

I just replayed it, squeezing more out of it than I have in Probably close to a decade, and thoroughly enjoyed it again. I personally love the game ... And was very satisfied replaying.

The main parts of kotor 1 & 2 that are horrible in my opinion are the starting bits.

They're like a super long tutorial that teaches nothing new after the first hour but last for four.

I really enjoyed both kotor 1 & 2 and was amazed at the amount of things that were in them.

For example, taking some person with you on a particular planet can give you some additional specific quests.

I loved many of the side quests like the trial for example on the water planet.

I didn't like the level scaling, tutorials, and rtwp combat.

I would have preferred real time like mass effect or turn based.

I find that style of combat mind numbing. Either you pause every two seconds when it's hard and it becomes turn based or you leave it alone and do nothing as it's too easy.

I loved the setting, the plot, the side quests and many of the characters.

So I reinstalled KotOR 1 today because I was inspired to play something Star Wars after seeing TFA. Can anyone point me in the direction of a widescreen mod? It's a joke that Bioware/EA hasn't patched the game to allow proper resolutions on modern systems.

So I reinstalled KotOR 1 today because I was inspired to play something Star Wars after seeing TFA. Can anyone point me in the direction of a widescreen mod? It's a joke that Bioware/EA hasn't patched the game to allow proper resolutions on modern systems.

Here you go JDR…http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/
Give this a shot, I think I used this.
It won't stop Carth from annoying the player, but helps either way.

It's a joke that Bioware/EA hasn't patched the game to allow proper resolutions on modern systems.

Are there games from back 10+ years ago that HAVE been patched? Lately I've played Jedi Knight, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Thief Deadly Shadows and KotOR and NONE of them were widescreen ...

Are there games from back 10+ years ago that HAVE been patched? Lately I've played Jedi Knight, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Thief Deadly Shadows and KotOR and NONE of them were widescreen …

Yes, KotOR II which is only 1 year newer than KotOR 1. :)

Here you go JDR…http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/
Give this a shot, I think I used this.
It won't stop Carth from annoying the player, but helps either way.

Thanks Bobo. I tried it, but it was kind of glitchy, (Had to restart KotOR multiple times for it to take effect), and it also needs to be running in the background every time you start the game.

I ended up doing this instead. It takes a few minutes, but you only have to do it once.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=163077407

JDR, did you try Jedi Outcast II?
Seriously, if you want best single player Star Wars ( sort of has a similar "Force awakens" feel to it), I'd go for that one.

I think you mean Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

Great game. Those Quake 3 engine games are starting to show their age though.

I consider Kotor 2 a superior product to Kotor, even without mods.

Yes, KotOR II which is only 1 year newer than KotOR 1. :)

Should have remembered that since I just played it again a few months ago! :). Guess it doesn't bug me all that much.

I think you mean Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

Great game. Those Quake 3 engine games are starting to show their age though.

The gameplay of stuff from 2002 - 2004, IMO still ranks right up there with anything being put out today, mainly because controllers still require compromises unnecessary for PC-centric FPS games of that era.

As for the Q3 engine ... JKII turns 14 in two months - to compare, when JKII came out, games that were 14 years old included Ultimate V and the 'Gold Box' Pool of Radiance. So on a relative basis, I'd say that the Q3 engine has weathered quite well. :)

Back
Top Bottom