Marathon runs

I would, just to see where the series came from. It's not like they take a whole lot of hard drive space (especially these days). No-CD cracks should be easy to come by too.

2 is certainly the one to start with though.

I got Code Veronica with my Dreamcast, along with a few other games. I only ended up with about 8 before they stopped making the things. Most of which I rebought for my Gamecube and/or PS2 later. I didn't get far before I switched to the GC version, and then RE4 killed my interest in playing it for a while. I finally went back and beat 2 again, but have yet to go back into CV.

I did it with Baldur's Gate II. Unfortunately, that game was sooooooo long that by the time I was done I wanted nothing to do with PC RPGs for a while, lol. Loved every minute of it though. :)

Also remember playing Morrowind for HOURS, just completely absorbed in the game world. Wizardry 8 hooked me as well, what a great game.

But doing that sort of marathon gaming less frequently - kids, work and other hobbies don't allow for it much anymore but the last time I did it was with a console game and it wasn't even an RPG: I played Resident Evil IV non-stop for a few days until I finished it, what a well designed game - last time I did that with a non-RPG game was with Super Metroid back in 1995!!!

Oh and of course there were always those 10 hour sessions of Dark Age Of Camelot. Defending a Castle for 4 or 5 hours with a huge zerg outside and only a few of us inside... so much fun.

Ahh the good old Sega Dreamcast, that system had one of the shortest life cycles ever for a console. I bought one just so I could play Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and it was worth every penny imo.

LOL, I did the same thing and I agree, what a great game.

Of course I got a few more games out of the system: Skies Of Arcadia was actually an awesome RPG marred only by the all-too frequent random battles. The Record Of Lodoss War game was an excellent single player Diablo clone. Ummm, I'm pretty sure there were a couple more games, lol.

LOL, I did the same thing and I agree, what a great game.

Of course I got a few more games out of the system: Skies Of Arcadia was actually an awesome RPG marred only by the all-too frequent random battles. The Record Of Lodoss War game was an excellent single player Diablo clone. Ummm, I'm pretty sure there were a couple more games, lol.

I have the Skies of Arcadia Gamecube port, but I've never played very far into it. According to Wikipedia, the random encounter rate was lowered for the Gamecube version. It's one of many RPGs I own for the Gamecube/Wii and PS2 that I've never had time to play.

Back
Top Bottom