Marvel's Midnight Suns - Announced

Firaxis developed two excellent X-COM titles, but if their last game is anything to go by, this may be a flop. Chimera Squad was a major disappointment.

Yes! I agree. I can totally see an X-COM-like squad of superheroes. Anyway, I am not a big Marvel stuff fan (always hated underwear-over-the-pants characters), but I think it will be nice to have a different flavour of the game for a change.
I actually like Chimera Squad. Wasn't the best game ever but it was fun in its own right. Small Xcom like battles using Swat type breaches.

A March 22 release date and not a whiff of actual gameplay footage from this… Marvel is huge, I'd of expected more than just a cinematic trailer.

According to the last paragraph here, "Firaxis plans to show gameplay for the first time on Sept. 1."

I wasn't talking to one person, so I didn't quote anyone. Not sure how I could have avoided confusing him unless I started a new thread just for my response.

OK, JFarrell71. I got it!

In my language (Portuguese) we have a native plural form for "you". When "you" refers to one person only we use here "voce"; when it refrers to everyone we use "voces". I just didn't know if you were referring to me specifically or to everyone else.

A March 22 release date and not a whiff of actual gameplay footage from this… Marvel is huge, I'd of expected more than just a cinematic trailer.

Duh, the game play video is coming out Sept 1, just a few days from now :)

OK, JFarrell71. I got it!

In my language (Portuguese) we have a native plural form for "you". When "you" refers to one person only we use here "voce"; when it refrers to everyone we use "voces". I just didn't know if you were referring to me specifically or to everyone else.

Thanks for that bit of linguistic insight, Henrique! I wish we had something like that in English. For most dialects, it's just "you" regardless of how many people are being addressed. Southern dialects use "y'all" for the plural form, but that sounds very colloquial to our ears. I'm not a Southerner, but I use it sometimes anyway because we just don't have any alternatives!

I love the Xcom universe, yet I'm much more a fan of the first game and the Deep than I am of the most recent game. I've loved the Marvel universe since the sixties, yet gave up on the comics twenty years ago, and the films.....don't even get me started. I just accept that the movies simply aren't meant for me.

I'm not judging this game before it's release, far from it. If it can meld the best of the Xcom universe with that of the classic Marvel, they'll be onto something quite special. First though, they have to pull it off. I'll be cheering and hoping them on, yet experience has taught me to manage my expectations.

Since some "members" think were a bit salty about wanting X-Com 3 instead, just head over to the Codex. I can personally guarantee it's ten times worse then this thread.:biggrin:

No, not really. From what Jake Solomon said, it's more like a TB Mass Effect. He has said that that the TB part doesn't play anything like XCom. And between missions you will go back to your base (like the Normandy in Mass Effect) and interaction with your team members. That's nothing like XCom.

That makes me even less interested. Now I'm picturing Mass Effect with Marvel characters.

It smells like a cash grab to me. I think the timing is poor though. I could be wrong, but I think something like this would have been better received 3-4 years ago. People are starting to get burned-out on Marvel.

No, not really. From what Jake Solomon said, it's more like a TB Mass Effect. He has said that that the TB part doesn't play anything like XCom. And between missions you will go back to your base (like the Normandy in Mass Effect) and interaction with your team members. That's nothing like XCom.
Good for you, you singled me out I'm wrong. Oh the horror its called being sarcastic. Look that up. It's still not an RPG though, and I will stick with that comment.:p

Just about every single Marvel game that's existed has been terrible, I've no hope that this one will break that trend.

Spiderman was fantastic.

I'm looking forward to this as I love the genre.

I didn't play the Spiderman game, and unless a game was marketed as an rpg, I likely avoided it. If this new game could capture some of what Freedom Force and its sequel brought, plus adding turn-based and elements of the Xcom universe, that would be pretty awesome in my book.

A Mass Effect-like Marvel game with turn-based combat?
I think I could live with that. But lets wait until we see gameplay next week.

A Mass Effect-like Marvel game with turn-based combat?
I think I could live with that. But lets wait until we see gameplay next week.

Yeah, I could do without more Marvel nonsense, but a Mass Effect-type game with Xcom combat I would take a look at.

Yeah let me re-phrase what I said said earlier it's a cinematic turn based strategy/tactical game. Still if we can call Mass Effect an RPG guess we can call this one as well.:p

Heck some members on this site call Battletech and X-Com an RPG also.:roll:

I'm interested in the story and who was in the coffin and if they are good or bad and why they seem to have woken her.

I actually like Chimera Squad. Wasn't the best game ever but it was fun in its own right. Small Xcom like battles using Swat type breaches.

The game wasn't all that bad, but I got so bored that I gave up playing at some point. First new generation X-COM that I didn't complete.

Yeah let me re-phrase what I said said earlier it's a cinematic turn based strategy/tactical game. Still if we can call Mass Effect an RPG guess we can call this one as well.:p

Heck some members on this site call Battletech and X-Com an RPG also.:roll:

Some members on this site get so worked up over things like that....it's crazy.

Back
Top Bottom