Mass Effect - 6 Ways the Next Mass Effect Can Be Better

Another company other than Bioware doing it, and not being affiliated in any way with Electronic Arts. Those would be two awesome great steps, and might get me interested in this series again. I replayed the two games just a few years ago, and still found them very enjoyable.

They could make it better simply by diminishing the importance of the central character. Make it somebody who doesn't try to save the galaxy, but just performs a lesser act of heroism.

Be careful what you ask for. I struggle to think of sequels made by a different developer that actually turned out good.

A number of them come from the Bioware to somebody else dynamic. NWN to NWN2, KOTOR TO KOTOR 2… are there any I'm forgetting? And then of course there's Bethesda's Fallout 3 to Obsidian's Fallout NV.

Hmm, maybe we should specfically want Obsidian to do the next Mass Effect?

Yeah, the Bioware to Obsidian games would be a rare exception. After playing The Outer Worlds though, I don't have as much confidence in Obsidian as I used to.

A number of them come from the Bioware to somebody else dynamic. NWN to NWN2, KOTOR TO KOTOR 2… are there any I'm forgetting? And then of course there's Bethesda's Fallout 3 to Obsidian's Fallout NV.

Hmm, maybe we should specfically want Obsidian to do the next Mass Effect?
I wouldn't consider the sequels to be better but yes Obsidian is a good choice. To bad they are working on Avowed and owned by Microsoft so that disqualifies them.

Another company other than Bioware doing it, and not being affiliated in any way with Electronic Arts. Those would be two awesome great steps, and might get me interested in this series again. I replayed the two games just a few years ago, and still found them very enjoyable.
Very rarely will you ever see a developer lose an IP they created. Which brings up the question is EA the owner of Mass Effect IP now since they bought BioWare?

Anyway I don't think EA would choose a developer outside their umbrella.

The only way to save the next ME game is to keep corporate idiots far away from the development studio for at least two years.

I enjoyed Mass Effect Andromeda despite its flaws and I wish the new game in the series was a direct sequel, but better. But I'm having doubts it will be because of the backlash. I think they will want to distance themselves of Andromeda in a new Mass Effect game.

Bioware announces Mass Effect 6, out of superstition bypassing 5, which is already ensured to be total crap, so they wanna begin anew and they WOW to make an absolutely fantastogasmic total crap with Mass Effect 6!

I thought Bioware was RIP, not that I was happy of it, but beleived it.

I enjoyed MEA but the Skyrim cloning aspects was average to bad:
- Exploration: The vehicle is tedious, once more, it can be fun rush through, but exploration with vehicle is weak once more, horses ain't better. The only MEA area very good to explore was the area without vehicle.
- Combat in wide outdoor: Those random combats to vaguely fill the huge world was total boredom, very weird when there's plenty combats in structured areas that are very good and the combat system is very good.
- Quests finding through the world, a few well done with some exploration tricks, but otherwise overall a failure to fill the world well.

Otherwise, great combats, good main story, many good quests (I don't see the reason of the complain here, it's no DAI), companions quite better done and developed than what do other dev.

Improve it? Gave up try clone Skyrim, go back to the missions blueprint and don't bother struggle fill a huge world, find good designs to give more density to space travel and exploration. But my best suggestion of improvement would be to give up and go back to DA series, but again not try do some Skyrim cloning, and please stop with DAI crap combats, go back to something closer to DAO/DA2 combats.

"Mass Effect will continue"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-Ctg6k_Ao

Ya'll asleep over there in Europe?

Tried to post a thread in the General RPG area but got an error message…

This is kind of big news to fans as there are several hints in the preview.

Unfortunately it looks like it will be a prequel, involving the First Contact War with the Turians. I very well could be wrong, however. If it is Liara, and she's somehow investigating the disappearance of Shepard, that would be something.

"Mass Effect will continue"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-Ctg6k_Ao

Ya'll asleep over there in Europe?

Tried to post a thread in the General RPG area but got an error message…

This is kind of big news to fans as there are several hints in the preview.
Nope there busy playing Cyberpunk 2077.:lol:

Thanks for sharing I posted the Dragon Age video on my thread but missed this one.

I'm surprised as it looks like a true sequel to part three. Wonder if they are using the destroy ending? As it looked like Liara was picking up a piece of the Normandy.

Seems fairly ambiguous to me. I hope it's not a prequel since that doesn't leave much to the imagination. I'd rather have a sequel or something unrelated to the other games.

I think the "blue person" is Liara and looking for Shepard post ME3 ending. I think they might go with destroy ending where Shepard survives.

Very possible. That does appear to be a Reaper in the background when she's walking through the snow.

After Liara(?) picks up the N7 plate, you can see 3 figures on the far side of the screen, standing on some sort of platform. Is it just me or does that platform look like where Shepard and "star child" had a chat? Also, one of the 3 figures look like Mordin.

Back
Top Bottom