Mass Effect: Andromeda - Release Date 21st March

More seriously, I'm not sure release this early is a good idea. Last gameplay video showed quite a few rough edges ( most animation related: hit reactions, lyp sync, etc...) they need to work on.

More seriously, I'm not sure release this early is a good idea. Last gameplay video showed quite a few rough edges ( most animation related: hit reactions, lyp sync, etc…) they need to work on.

True, the videos we've seen really lacked some polish. That being said, I'll still pre-order it, so I can pre-load it (I assume Origin has pre-load, as ME: A is likely to be massive in terms of GBs).

Also, I'm a bit miffed by the two day difference. I've previously used a proxy to avoid such things, but I doubt I'll do that this time.

I can't say I'm very excited about this. I haven't been impressed by anything from Bioware in a long time, and I don't expect that to change. From what I've seen, this just looks like more of the same.

I'll probably still play it, but I don't know if it'll be a day 1 purchase.

I enjoyed ME1, and to a lesser extent ME2. ME3 simply seemed/felt too similar, but perhaps that 'sameness' is what people want. I stopped playing ME3 about 70% of the way through, and only came back and finished it 6 months later, when I had nothing else to play. ME:A simply doesn't excite me in the least. The next big release for me is D:OS2

Last edited:
Remember guys, do not preorder videogames.

Can I tempt you with very cheap pre order? :p

Get it for £31 while its hot! Its £40 everywhere else!
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mass-effect-andromeda-pc-origin-cd-key

On a serious note, I think the game will hit bargain bucket a month after release and can be had for around £20 - £25! Regardless of the quality of the game, pretty much all the big AAA games released within the last 3 months had a huge price drop after a month of release.

On a serious note, I think the game will hit bargain bucket a month after release and can be had for around £20 - £25! Regardless of the quality of the game, pretty much all the big AAA games released within the last 3 months had a huge price drop after a month of release.
EA? I don't think so.

MEA is not the start of a trilogy, Mac Walters already said as much and even hinted at any game after MEA not having the Scott/Sara Ryder has protagonist(s).

Is that a recent thing? Could have sworn it was announced as a new series a few years ago. Or maybe game sites just assumed it would be...

Is that a recent thing? Could have sworn it was announced as a new series a few years ago. Or maybe game sites just assumed it would be...
Series and trilogy might mean different things. Afaik they don't know yet if Ryder will be the main protagonist in the next two games as well (which would make it a trilogy).
They could as well go the Dragon Age route where the connection to the next games is the customized world state, not the main character.

It's not that hard to figure out especially when it comes to EA. Sales expectations met or exceeded = sequel/series.

maxresdefault.jpg

Series and trilogy might mean different things. Afaik they don't know yet if Ryder will be the main protagonist in the next two games as well (which would make it a trilogy).
They could as well go the Dragon Age route where the connection to the next games is the customized world state, not the main character.

Indeed, and they also mentioned that you might want to keep your saves, despite nothing specific being planned. This is unlike ME1-3 where it was announced from the start that it would be a trilogy, and that it would feature save imports etc.

I guess depending on sales they'll implement something like the Dragon Age keep.

They have all-but confirmed a game to follow this one, hell Mac Walters did confirm it but his 'speculation for everyone' vibe sometimes can be a bit grain of salt worthy.

I must be one of the only ones on these boards really looking forward to the game, the combat looks like ME3MP (aka fucking brilliant), the exploration seems legit and it's gorram Mass Effect...pre-order confirmed (and I NEVER pre-order anymore).

...but, this is Mass Effect we're talking about here: want them pre-order tidbits ;)

Back
Top Bottom