Might & Magic - HoMM VI Hints

Dhruin

SasqWatch
In an interview with Planet DS on their puzzle-RPG, Clash of Heroes, Ubisoft senior producer Romain de Waubert all but announces Heroes of Might & Magic VI. On top of the text below, the photo clearly shows him wearing a HoMM 6 t-shirt...
Romain de Waubert: Several times, I have proposed a “Battlefield of Might & Magic” concept to Ubisoft… to no avail. Seriously, like Erwan, I am sworn to secrecy. However, I will give you an additional hint. I’m such a fan of Might & Magic that I wear its future like a second skin, very close to my heart…

I’ll let your readers solve our puzzle. :)
Head over for the rest of the conversation on Clash of Heroes. Thanks, Ausir!
More information.

It's almost clear to me that what they'll make is a M&M RTS

I am also looking forward to the (franchise tacked on) DS game.

Good news, but still it raises a question that the hints/rumours are at the new game (HoMM VI) will be set in the same universe/continuity as the Nival effort (which was totally meh in my view) with a developer (Ubi Shanghai) that has a good track record of games in general (Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Double Agent) none of them have anything remotely in common with the Heroes series, turn-based strategy or role-playing games.

I'll be sure to keep an open mind to the new games in the MM franchise, but Ubi efforts so far have left me mixed. They did dish out a descent amount of cash for the rights to it, but seem to be not really that interested in the whole idea so far.

PS - The DS puzzle game might be fun and I'll sure check it out when it comes out, if only for my love of Puzzle Quest

Um, if it's not a TB strategy, why name it HoMM6? Why not just name it, Super Happy Fun Time of Might and Magic?

The only name recognition from "Heroes of" you're going to earn is people who won't probably like the change in core gameplay. And then save the name HoMM6 for another TB strategy in the future?

Um, if it's not a TB strategy, why name it HoMM6? Why not just name it, Super Happy Fun Time of Might and Magic?

The only name recognition from "Heroes of" you're going to earn is people who won't probably like the change in core gameplay. And then save the name HoMM6 for another TB strategy in the future?

That didn't stop another company from making Fallout 3 real time

HoMM never went a Decade between sequels though...

... yeah, but after the last thing they attached the M&M to, I see no problem being concerned ... ;)

Well, the last generally acknowledged good game in the series did come out in 1999 (HMM3) so it has been a decade :)

Well, the last generally acknowledged good game in the series did come out in 1999 (HMM3) so it has been a decade :)

I dunno ... personally I thought 5 was fun - I anguished a bit at giving it away to an underprivileged high school kid at the place my wife is teaching this summer ... but it was worth seeing his face :)

... yeah, but after the last thing they attached the M&M to, I see no problem being concerned ... ;)

That wasn't HoMM though...

I hope the devs aren't stupid enough to screw with that formula too much, but you never know... :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom