DA:I My DA:I progress (spoilers everywhere)

Dragon Age: Inquisition
P

purpleblob

I've been so busy lately, I hardly have time to play games these days :( as a result, I'm progressing through DA:I at the pace of snail. Just sided with mages and closed breach (and some of you guys already finished this more than once!!) I'm guessing what happens soon after is basically change in chapter and here's hoping I will have more enjoyment out of it than this "introduction" chapter.

Just a couple of question. I left Hinterlands and other areas unfinished, can I still go back to those areas after Haven was under attack?

When do dialogues pick up? I haven't had much chat with anyone. Solas had decent amount of talk on Fade and dreams but not many are willing to talk much. And Sera, am I the only one finding her incredibly annoying? Do we get penalised if I send some of the companions away?

You can return to those area after Haven and will even get to unlock others. Most companion interactions are linked to advancing the story (mix with approval rating). So after doing main story quests just visit everyone.

Sending some companion off means not having their quests and that is about it.

Just arrived in Skyhold and things are finally picking up! Lots of dialogues! :) I really hope this continues to hold my interest

Shelf it till norespawn mod.
As you're about to open more Hinterlands.

Will there ever be respawn mod? :( I'm getting a little tired of some companion quests as well, mainly Cassandra and blackwall's. Such tedious fetch quests, spread all over the fucking thedas, and I'm still going spending a lot of time trying to reach some spots but instead going around circle over and over.

I used to be best buddies with solas but fell out with him. He wants to favour spirits no matter what and wants me to punish those who "hurt" them harshly, such single minded character. Having difficulty getting along with iron bull as well, not even getting a chance to open up new dialogues or personal quests. Surprisingly starting to get along with sera, although I still don't like her much.

I quite like Cassandra, varric and Dorian. I keep travelling with those 3 only. Cole was a bit of disappointment, I thought he will be mysterious and creepy but he's just creepy. Vivienne is turning out to be quite boring too, not really talking much. Blackwall's comes across strange character, it's like he's hiding something, the guy is quite awkward near wardens, but don't think I'm friendly enough with to make him talk. Still have to finish his stupid fetch quest.

Advisors are quite boring with the exception of Josephine. I quite like her story and character. I decided to romance cullen as I liked his character throughout the series. I think that was a mistake. He is turning out to be such a generic "romance" character. Good looking blonde guy, sort of blending both alistair and Anders. No travelling together so he doesn't say much, he doesn't really develop, no approval needed so easy - all that amounts to "boring". Leliana is quite a disappoint to so far.

Will there ever be respawn mod? :( I'm getting a little tired of some companion quests as well, mainly Cassandra and blackwall's. Such tedious fetch quests, spread all over the fucking thedas, and I'm still going spending a lot of time trying to reach some spots but instead going around circle over and over.

These are just to "farm" approval, they are optional. You'll get more story based follower quests by following the main story.

I hope that mod will appear soon.
I would like to replay the game and pick different choices, but currently chances to bring myself into grinding trashmobs again are nonexistant. There are so many better games out there and if I wanted to grind I'd go play some crap MMO or something.

Blackwall's comes across strange character, it's like he's hiding something, the guy is quite awkward near wardens, but don't think I'm friendly enough with to make him talk. Still have to finish his stupid fetch quest.
You picked up on that, did you? I actually didn't, and was quite surprised during some of his later quests. They're worth doing.

It was quite noticeable during that quest with Hawke. Since it's warden issue, I decided to take Blackwall. The guy didn't hear calling like the rest of wardens and when I question him about the wardens he doesn't seem to know about them quite well. He's definitely hiding something and I think I might have a good idea what it is….

Btw, I'm really disliking the wheel dialogue and some if the dialogue implications. During Cole quest (also Cullen's), I didn't like how it clearly points out what you're dialogue choice outcome will be. Kind of takes away "what?!" factor. I think I would have been more pleasantly surprised finding out later that Cole became human due to my choice rather then there and then.

You can disable the wheels indication of whether it is positive, negative or whatever - in the options. Never tried it myself so can't verify but have seen it there.

Made more progress and finished Winter Palace quests. I won't be able to make more progress for a while since I'm back at work now... *sigh*

I'm not sure what to think of Winter Palace quests.... except the fact it left quite a strong impression on me. I liked it and disliked it a lot at the same time. I really hated the fact the whole thing involved me going around the whole freaking place pinging everywhere.... (seriously, that was worst hide and seek mission ever) but I really liked how dialogues were handled in there. I thought it was really stupid how easy it was to gain court approval right at the end when you dance with blonde evil chick, because by then, you really don't have much chance to explore the castle looking for coins, information and that stupid halla statue crap. By the way, I couldn't collect all of those damned statue because of the bug. One was suspended in mid-air and there was no way for me to reach it.....

As soon as I was back at the Skyhold, I was bombarded with more quests. I really never thought of putting input for new divine (seriously, can anyone do anything without my inquisitor??), a new sets of companion/advisor quests, etc..... felt quite overwhelmed. But me being me, I decided to tackle inner circle quests first. I've already predicted most of Blackwall quest, so didn't come by much surprise. If I really went for what I wanted rather than trying to get the best outcome possible, I would have left Blackwall to his fate. I don't know, I actually regret some of choices I've made but I really can't be bothered to reload and correct them. I also don't think I will replay this game (if I do, not for a long time). It's really exhausting, almost like work/chore.

You need to jump-click for that Halla, but it's not necessary to grab it (assuming you want to pwn them all in the end).
You can't possibly open all Halla doors - you need to choose which ones you won't open.
Choices and consequences. Stated before, this particular main quest is a small masterpiece of it's own inside of otherwise annoying grinder. It's like Leonardo Da Vinci made this quest and some random hobos from street who never saw a videogame before made Hinterlands.

Choices you made are not wrong. There is no wrong choice in this game, really.
I'd love to try other choices in the game, I would start replaying this moment - if there was a norespawn mod. Sadly, modders still didn't figure out how to stop those spiders and bears appearing every second on the top of your head.

Back
Top Bottom