New XenForo stuff

Yeah like me but hey when a thread goes off-topic and certain posters start a flame war & cant be civil war it was necessary. Basically the old mods did not do their jobs correctly.

It would be easy if XF had a separate permission that would allow specifying time limits for post deletions, which it doesn't. I could install a mod for that, but honestly, I don't think the need to delete posts comes up often enough here to warrant it.

It would be easy if XF had a separate permission that would allow specifying time limits for post deletions, which it doesn't. I could install a mod for that, but honestly, I don't think the need to delete posts comes up often enough here to warrant it.
I'm surprised it doesn't have that since it has a time limit for editing. Anyways, yeah, probably not worth the trouble then.

If you report it then I tend to see it when I login, which is at least once a day unless I'm off on holidays.
If it's more urgent you can send me a PM which means I'll get an email notification and I'll try logging in sooner. I don't see things being very urgent on this message board though :)

I normally check the Watch at least twice a day, and with all the other mods here, it's practically impossible for anything requiring immediate attention to go unnoticed for more than a day.

Hence I said old mods before you took over. It was just Ripper and Corwin.

Eye was great at her job though.

Couch, you have to remember that due to differences in time zones, when most of the negative posts were made, I was sound asleep and didn't see them until all the steam had dissipated and most of the posters were themselves likely asleep. I have always been on here every day and I always check out any and all reported posts. Perhaps we need more US based mods, but I still remember your days as a staff member!!!!

No problem I was just adding humor to Taluntain's post about posters who deleted posts, and I did when it started an off-topic flame war. Lately I just ignore certain members.

Still yeah a US moderator would be welcome. Not me I was at one time and hated it.

Eye was a little too trigger-happy for my taste, but to each their own. Anyway, it's not an easy job.

Am I the only one with the impression it's been quieter these last few months?

New feature for any iOS users:

Full iOS PWA compatibility with push notification support​

iOS 16.4 finally introduced push notifications for iOS devices. To facilitate this, your members need to install your site as a PWA (by utilising the Add to Home Screen feature in Safari). XenForo 2.2.13 now satisfies all of the prerequisites for this to support push notifications which can be enabled by your members once they log in through the PWA and enable push notifications in their Preferences.

The PWA (progressive web app) has now been enhanced with additional gesture based or UI controls, including pull down to refresh and a floating back button.

Back
Top Bottom