NWN2 - Baldur's Gate II: Reloaded Mod

I'm much more interested in the Baldur's Gate II Redux project since NWN2's engine is an abomination in comparison to Dragon Age's but then again I'm not too fussy about the ruleset. However I have to say that either way I'm looking forward to seeing some of the high level areas (Underdark, Throne of Bhaal etc) in 3d.

I'm much more interested in the Baldur's Gate II Redux project since NWN2's engine is an abomination in comparison to Dragon Age's but then again I'm not too fussy about the ruleset. However I have to say that either way I'm looking forward to seeing some of the high level areas (Underdark, Throne of Bhaal etc) in 3d.

Are they still working on that? I say the demo they released a year or two ago that was just the first dungeon. IIRC, they said they didn't plan on completing the whole thing at the time.

No, it's not crazy. $20 is quite fair for fans of the game that wanted those features. I'm not sure what you mean by "modernize" the game. It's not a remake, and it obviously wouldn't be only $20 if it was.

$20 is basically the price of one meal or a cab ride, etc., nowadays. Unless you're still living in the 90's.

$20 is crazy in comparison to freebie mods that already existed; their contribution was lame. Better, or at least equal stuff had been done for free, so why pay $20 for the Extremely Expensive edition. I'm glad you supported them and I'm glad I didn't, so we're both happy.

$20 is crazy in comparison to freebie mods that already existed; their contribution was lame. Better, or at least equal stuff had been done for free, so why pay $20 for the Extremely Expensive edition. I'm glad you supported them and I'm glad I didn't, so we're both happy.

Show me freebie mods that give you the ability to zoom in/out and add more characters, locations, and quests in 12 different languages.

But I digress. Who am I to argue with someone who's never even played the game in question? :)

You forgot they also did a iOS and android versions so they recreated the interface and controls to work for those devices. They included tons of fixes and the new loot function is really good (no modder has been able to do that).

I think its great to have a version where you can 1) can play on ipad 2) dont need to mod the shit out of it when you decide to play it + no need to read up on all the stuff (fixes, resolution patches etc).

They hardly deserve all the hate for bringing these great games to a new / younger generation of players and to people who can't be bothered, or just dont want to invest an hour or more to read up on how to to mod these games.

Last edited:
There are a huge amount of mods that add content to the original game. My big world setup has probably a couple hundred mods and many of them add new quests, npcs, and even new areas along with all of the fixes and other improvements.

There are a huge amount of mods that add content to the original game. My big world setup has probably a couple hundred mods and many of them add new quests, npcs, and even new areas along with all of the fixes and other improvements.

No one said otherwise.. EE is compatible with the biggest mods too.

If BGEE can make the "ipad-generation" more interested in these type of games it's good in my book.

What I don't understand is why are people obsessed with BG saga remakes. The original games are beautiful, playable with one of the best interfaces and aged well. With the original, you've got lots of fantastic weidu mods out there. Why waste time and effort trying to *remake* the masterpiece - instead they should try to come up with something new.

What I don't understand is why are people obsessed with BG saga remakes. The original games are beautiful, playable with one of the best interfaces and aged well. With the original, you've got lots of fantastic weidu mods out there. Why waste time and effort trying to *remake* the masterpiece - instead they should try to come up with something new.

People are always obsessed with remakes if they love a game. I know I've enjoyed tromping around in a 3-D sword coast. Its been a blast seeing the world in 3-D

Maybe because these remakes let us play these games on modern systems such as Window 7 or Windows 8.1? That would be my guess...

…and again, it's now even possible to play on Android and iOS devices. It's also not a remake.

What i don't understand is why people are picking so much on the Enhanced Editions. So we might get more Infinity Engine games, bohohohooo yeah that's really terrible, i'll go cry in a corner now.

vurt, can you please try to understand me on this matter.

Let's say someone makes a new (yet another) BG remake.
But… All that one did was making it work on smartwatches!
Excuse me but should I really praise that thing?

On the other hand someone studies D&D 3.5 (IIRC that one was used in BG, but not sure anymore), grabs a modern engine for example CryEngine, keeps the story faithful to original and redraws everything. Maybe adds even more music scores than the original had. More voiceovers. More cutscenes. More everything! Oh and removes utterly cheesy parts like latin words from spellcasting yells.
I'd praise that every day.

Oh, you wouldn't as… That remake doesn't work on phones. Crap.

I have BG1 EE on ipad and BG2 EE on PC. The iPAD version works great, it's portable + the Retina screen makes the game look really fantastic. I don't get your games for phones and watches argument, that's retarded. Even if someone would make some type of simple BG type of game for a watch i wouldnt buy it, it's kind of simple. Just like you arent forced to buy the ipad version if you for prefer to use mouse/PC and dont want it to be portable.

You already have your modern day Baldur's Gate, it's called Dragon Age. That's the type of crap you can expect if you want high budget "AAA" RPG's. Enjoy.

I don't get your games for phones and watches argument, that's retarded.
I've only asked to try to understand me. You can't, that's okay.

But know also this - I'm never going to paint black/white movies I have on VHS tapes, convert them into mp4 format and then sell them under "remake" or "enhanced".

It's simple, if people want something and someone makes that thing, people will buy it and those people will be happy because they got the thing they wanted.

Then there's people like you. "Bohohohohoo. People are asking for this thing that i dont want, so these people shouldnt get it!" Get a life. And yes recoloring old movies was actually something that was done and people appreciated that. And yes movies and music is nowadays available in many more formats and can be streamed over the internet and music can be played through a phone. Go cry some more over that why dont ya.

LOL

You seriously think I do "Bohohohohoo"?
Not really. If someone is stupid, that's not my problem to solve. All I can do is write when I think something is a scam. Sorry but I won't stop writing that. It's against my conscience.

Oops. Sorry. I do boohoo actually.
I dress at http://boohoo.com
Awsome prices, goodlooking clothes, yea, it is in fact imported stuff from India, Bangladesh, China, Pakistan, etc, but... It's a great store.

I like the EEs because I didn't need to fiddle around with mods. And I got some new companions and quests. For me that was worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom