Original Sin - Release Day

This is shorter than DKS?

What a disappointment. I heard it was going to be quite big.

Is anyone playing with the "Source Hunter" DLC installed? If so, I'd like to hear some impressions.

Was that one of the KS rewards? Doesn't ring a bell.

Joxer, if you pause the video, you get a picture =P.

I like the sneak animation. At least it's different! Good lord, this is a game with talking roosters, fireballs, drunks, vengeful dogs, lovesick cats, etc. So sorry everything can't be a "gritty, racially-charged and profane rape-fest"

I'm liking it a lot.

Huge kudos for Larian. I'm born and raised in the USA, and the humor works with me. Wonderful that a Belgian studio could pull that off, considering how lame or even painfully unfunny much CRPG humor tends to be. And it isn't all just "rats in the cellar, hahahaha"
there's many weird, quirky things NPCs say to you in passing that I find really creative. Gotta wonder if the Belgian version is even better for native Belgians.

I happen to be one of them. This game is one of the most addictive and charming titles that I've played in years. My "play for a little bit to get a feel for the game" attempt turned into a all-day marathon. For Christ's sake, people!!! Lighten the hell up!!!
Like daveyd it's not a big deal. It's not a stopper for me, of course I'll play the game (when the personalities are in) with these animations included and I will have fun. :)

This is shorter than DKS?
I don't remeber DKS's scope, but Larian said that D:OS has about 60-100 of gameplay insteasd of the supposed 40 hours.

Obviously, if you don't enjoy farcical cartoon stuff in your RPG - it's because you want a rape-fest.

The sneaking animation wasnt that bad, i guess it fits in with the rest. Reminds me of LOTR when they hide in their magical cloaks, and for some reason of Zelda (if i remember correctly there's something similar, but with a crate that you walk around in).

I like the sneak animation. At least it's different! Good lord, this is a game with talking roosters, fireballs, drunks, vengeful dogs, lovesick cats, etc. So sorry everything can't be a "gritty, racially-charged and profane rape-fest"
Way too much black and white here. ;)
And nothing against roosters, fireballs, drunks and vengeful dogs… but lovesick cats? Really? :(

The humor mostly doesn't work for me, but there is an occasional funny bit. The game shines in its turn-based combat. There is nothing, at least in the demo areas, nearly as funny as the stuff that was typical of Ego Draconis. Nothing to compare to Stan and Olly, the two laundry gossips, mindreading, Dr. Needleman, etc.

@JDR, In Ego Draconis you would hit level 18 around Orojobas Falls or whatever it was called. In D: OS, the game will end around there. The max level is 20. There is much less material here, but the turn-based combat will probably balance the two games out to about the same play time. Regardless, you'll get your money's worth out of this game, it just isn't as good as the second divinity game, in my opinion. Still a decent game though.

The sneaking animation wasnt that bad, i guess it fits in with the rest. Reminds me of LOTR when they hide in their magical cloaks, and for some reason of Zelda (if i remember correctly there's something similar, but with a crate that you walk around in).

Replacing your upper body with a huge boulder reminds you of Elven cloaks from LOTR?

Wow, ok :)

The sneaking animation wasnt that bad, i guess it fits in with the rest.
I'm getting worried. :(

Reminds me of LOTR when they hide in their magical cloaks
No, that's a huge difference. The cloakes in LOTR are magical elven cloaks. Magic (if you accept its concept) can indeed do stuff like that, that's not immersion breaking at all.
I assume the sneaking stuff in D:OS happens without magic. If I'm wrong here… well then I need to reconsider the silliness of walking barrels. ;)

I assume the sneaking stuff in D:OS happens without magic. If I'm wrong here… well than I need to reconsider the walking barrels. ;)

Yes, it's the sneaking skill. Interestingly enough, there's a "Shadow Walk" skill that has a very nice invisibility effect and appropriate animation.

But I guess this is just the kind of game that doesn't want you to get immersed, and that's ok.

But I guess this is just the kind of game that doesn't want you to get immersed, and that's ok.
That's what I fear. :(

I mean... it's ok, appareantly many guys like it and Larian obviously never stated they'd do a "serious" game. I'm just a little disappointed. Or to be more precise: I'm a lot less hyped. I will judge after I've played it.

Replacing your upper body with a huge boulder reminds you of Elven cloaks from LOTR?

Wow, ok :)

They disguised themselves as grey boulders in the movie yes. I can still get immersed in a game like Zelda or this, just as long as things are coherent im fine with it, it would obviously break immersion in a game like PS:T..

If i could choose between a more serious tone and more humorous i prefer the former without doubt though.

Well you were the one who said "The person responsible for the sneaking animation/visuals should be tortured and killed."

Rape is right up there with torture and murder!;)

Not in popular culture. Rape is a no-no, but torture and murder is a-ok ;)

But you've got a point.

Enjoy your farce!

They disguised themselves as grey boulders in the movie yes. I can still get immersed in a game like Zelda or this, just as long as things are coherent im fine with it, it would obviously break immersion in a game like PS:T..

No, the cloaks changed color and made them blend into the rocky environment. They didn't put giant boulders on their heads with their feet sticking out.

But it's ok.

To you, it's LOTR - and to me it's a farce.

It's all good, and to each his own. I'll get past it if the game is good, but I think it's incredibly silly and it turns me off in a big way, since I always play sneaky characters.

Back
Top Bottom