Outward very early impressions

Wait. I get it now. Something was in fact happening. I was getting thirsty!!!!

The game world is built so you have to contend with those things, so yes, something was happening. If you don't think that's enough and need 5 minutes to be filled with awesome rewards and complete a quest in 5 minutes, then I'd recommend skipping this game.

I'll just use a cheat trainer so I wont have many of these problems others have. I also have never been bothered by quest markers or fast travel in modern RPG games.

Personally I play games to escape into fantasy not reality. Like Fluent said if certain parts of the game don't interest anyone don't play it. Problem solved move on.

Anyway it's simple to understand not everyone will like what you like.^^

Why does everything have to be so binary? I'm going to play it and like some things about it and not others? I'm yet to meet a perfect game.

Oh yes, I also got killed by a deer. While I was chatting with a friendly traveling trader. Who did not bother to warn me of the red-glowing beast that was charging at me… thank you very much, asshole! I think it was a set-up, since the trader uses the same kind of deer to pull his wagon.

Another tip: if you get stuck in the geometry/landscape…
…loading older saves is pretty much all you can do. Quit the game, go to the game folder. Remove the last few saves (check their generation times). Restart the game and continue.

Note, that the game seems to save on 1) transition (between areas, dungeons, etc) 2) deaths 3) sleeping 4) game quit.

Since I know I'm working with professionals here, I surely do not have to mention that you first should make some backup copies…

Yes. I know that this opens up the game to save-scumming. Be glad that this is still possible, otherwise a simple case of getting stuck somewhere would be a gamebreaking bug. And yes, I'm speaking from experience, you really can get stuck. ;)

And a question:
- Are there any decent magic skills that do not require to spend spell components? To kill stuff. I'm cheap. :/

Well I never complained about this game in this thread. I also don't feel the need to reply to every positive or negative post either. My posts asked a few questions that all.

So try again.;)

Didn't mean to get you butthurt Couch. I thought you'd get what I was talking about but apparently not.

Not butt-hurt just tired, exhausted,and hate threads going in circles. Anyway it's common knowledge on this forum I don't understand sarcasm or innuendo well. So apologies.^^

He's talking about me of course, even though there's no evidence whatsoever to back up his stupid claims. Think the weightlifting and steroids went to the poor ego's...err...guy's head.

fanboy-is-outraged.jpg

Ego Man is making false claims again and needs more plasma for his brain in the jar!

And a question:
- Are there any decent magic skills that do not require to spend spell components? To kill stuff. I'm cheap. :/

Runic magic is pretty neat and what I'm using now. You can summon a protective aura and also an ethereal sword that does decent ethereal damage. You can also lay magical traps with the right runic combination. It's not really pew-pew magic but it gets the job done for me right now.

As for Runic Magic, I decided to pursue the Sage class, and am very glad I did. You get 8 total runic combinations, the sword can be enhanced to an ethereal claymore if you cast the spell twice in a row, and all runes are amplified when you unlock the proper skill. I also unlocked Philosopher class for mana regen. I believe there might have been a Scholar trainer in Cierzo but I'm locked out after I failed a timed quest there. But Runic Magic also has a firespark spell that casts a giant ball of lightning at your opponents. Oh, and one of the Watchers, the one near the center of the Ley Line can teach you a Flamethrower spell. You need a torch or lantern in one hand and you can cast a powerful blast of flames with it. Very nice, killed bandits in about 2 seconds. :D

I got bored with it, but played it for quite a while. For me, I just got tired of running. If someone ever adds fast travel, I'll probably try it again. 51 hours for an impulse buy isn't bad. I never did get magic. I was trying to "complete" the first area before moving on. I did both bandits, a fort, a few ruins, the trogs, etc. Then got bored of the back and forth.

I got bored a lot sooner than that. I think it was mainly because the world just didn't pull me in. Atmosphere is one of the most important things in an open-world game to me and Outward doesn't have it.

They had some good ideas, but I think their budget ultimately held it back. It shows in a lot of ways, particularly in the visuals and music which are mediocre.

I don't think it's bad for an indie game, but it's over-priced at $40. I agree it should be closer to the $20 range.

I got bored a lot sooner than that. I think it was mainly because the world just didn't pull me in. Atmosphere is one of the most important things in an open-world game to me and Outward doesn't have it.

They had some good ideas, but I think their budget ultimately held it back. It shows in a lot of ways, particularly in the visuals and music which are mediocre.

I don't think it's bad for an indie game, but it's over-priced at $40. I agree it should be closer to the $20 range.

Completely agree. It was fun for a while. I will, though, continue to follow the developers and lurk in their Discord server to see how they will continue to develop the game.

I bought the game 2 days after i installed Morrowind. I played for a few hours. I do not like the graphics and the gameplay, while having some good ideas, isn't to my liking.
Morrowind , with 2002 graphics, gets easily my attention.(Some might say they have nothing in common but still....)

Morrowind, unlike this game and unlike Skyrim - has a story. ;)
Also, Morrowind is strictly singleplayer. Outward is strictly multiplayer where you can still continue to play the game if your (RL) sidekick fainted or the sidekick is an imaginary person from your childhood only you see. :evilgrin:

So yeah. Nothing in common.

Maybe they will cave to demand and implement fast travel checkpoints. It could "cost" consumables to travel to maintain the survival element.

Back
Top Bottom