WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Sadly, it seems Woljif has run away - which is surprising.
Yes, it was an embarrassing event. 😕
I'm off to the Lost Chapel now, and I'm quite pleased. I saved 12K in raise dead scrolls, plus whatever the restoration of levels would have cost!
It's a nice place, and somewhat dangerous too. Make sure to explore it thoroughly.

You don't play with the difficulty option that gives a 2nd chance to party members before dying (death's door)? I found it was a nice compromise. What annoys me most though are permanent ability damages made by some enemies.

Then their master buffed himself up and attacked. Whack whack whack! Seelah the paladin goes down. Crit! Crit! Woljif goes WAY down to -60-some hit points. Ooookay, guess I wasn't supposed to go here yet. But Lann manages to finish the super-incubus off and he had some nice stuff.
I see you have met pain connoisseur. Yeah he is meant to be a challenge ;)
I'm off to the Lost Chapel now, and I'm quite pleased. I saved 12K in raise dead scrolls, plus whatever the restoration of levels would have cost!
You might want to visit/finish off remainig areas after you finish Lost Chapel - the only mandatory area left after this is Drezen which will be end of chapter 2.

The start of the chapel was tough all right - but I made it tougher on myself. I thought resting would result in all the captured soldiers turning into ghouls, so I tossed out spell casters in favor of fighters and clerics. When I got to the chapel door, poor Tesslah was out of all spells except for a couple of mythic righteous shots (I forget the exact name). The cleric guarding that door was NASTY! If I had some spellcasters, I might have dropped him into a pit or something, but not with what I had. I ended up beating him by buffing Lann with the mythic righteous thing and blasting him with the other shot.

Something happened to the Hellknight that I don't understand. The cleric hit him with a Harm spell, which knocked him down to -33 hit points. He fell over but didn't die! He couldn't be healed, either, until the battle was over. Then he just stood up and got to positive hit points again?? Is that some insanely strong Hellknight power?

I saved, took a peek at the next room, re-loaded, rested, and took a peek into the next room again. No change. Arg - I probably could have rested on the way up.

Something happened to the Hellknight that I don't understand. The cleric hit him with a Harm spell, which knocked him down to -33 hit points. He fell over but didn't die! He couldn't be healed, either, until the battle was over. Then he just stood up and got to positive hit points again?? Is that some insanely strong Hellknight power?
Are you talking about Regill? Is this during the cut scene? If so, it could be the whole cut scene immunity thing.

Are you talking about Regill? Is this during the cut scene? If so, it could be the whole cut scene immunity thing.
It was Regill, but it wasn't a cutscene. He charged up to the cleric, the cleric cast Harm on him, he failed his save, took over 100 damage, and fell over - but he wasn't dead. He was at -33 hit points, so he should have been, but wasn't. Actually, I've got a save. If I could just.... here, I ran through the battle again.

He gets Harm'ed at 2:18. After that, Darian runs up to try and heal him but he's not allowed to. Area of effect heal doesn't touch him. At 8:30, I win the battle, and Regill pops right up again - though his Bless spell is gone, despite it still being active on everyone else. After that, I run through his skills/feats real quick.
View: https://youtu.be/5u_b2tkExrI'

Last edited:
He gets Harm'ed at 2:18. After that, Darian runs up to try and heal him but he's not allowed to. Area of effect heal doesn't touch him. At 8:30, I win the battle, and Regill pops right up again - though his Bless spell is gone, despite it still being active on everyone else. After that, I run through his skills/feats real quick.
I don't exactly know how everything work but from my experience, when your character/party member is on negative health, they aren't always considered dead - maybe it has something to do with % of HP they can endure or something. When they are in this state, ally's heal should work - but they won't get back up if heal wasn't enough to get their HP above 0.

I think your situation is bug tho - because I have no idea why Dae couldn't heal Regill with direct heal or AoE heal. Also, I thought buff should only be removed when they are actually dead.

You should report it.

Mythic spell extension sure is sweeeet! Anything that lasts 1min/level lasts 24 hours with the second level of it. Nenio casts Mirror Image and it lasts all day, even if the party rests! Same with all those +4 stat buffs, and so many more.

I think I set a new record for time taken to get through the game to chapter 3 without restarting: 110 hours. The real kicker is that I got the Queen's Gratitude achievement for finishing chapter 2 "quickly and efficiently!" 🦥

I was reading through some of the old posts and saw mention of getting stat boosts from reading books. What counts as reading a book? I'll often hover over a book to start reading it. If I find it interesting, I'll open it up so I can see the rest of the details (if any). If I don't find it interesting, I move on. Will hovering over a book count as reading it?

I was reading through some of the old posts and saw mention of getting stat boosts from reading books. What counts as reading a book? I'll often hover over a book to start reading it. If I find it interesting, I'll open it up so I can see the rest of the details (if any). If I don't find it interesting, I move on. Will hovering over a book count as reading it?
You should right-click it and select "Info". I'm not sure hovering and seeing the text is enough but maybe, you'll have to try both until you find one (there must be lists of those books).

You get a message "you learned something new..." in the log, and book perks are visible in the character abilities.

I'm seeing something weird! I've gotten to the lab. I fought a Shadow demon plus some friends and had a pretty hard time of it. Then, when I finally put the thing down, it didn't die. It just fell over and the game wouldn't let me target it anymore. The next time it's turn came up, POOF! It's back at full health! (With no buffs, though, so I was able to finish it off without too much more pain.)

Then it happened again, only with a derakni covered in purple crystal. It fell over with -2 hit points but I couldn't target it anymore. It didn't seem to have any sort of regeneration. Only two characters had turns before it and weren't close, so I couldn't try using coup de grace on it. Then this happened!

20221118234522_1.jpg

Well, that's a pretty nice roll! But a roll of what??? Is this some sort of bug or is it supposed to happen??

I'm seeing something weird! I've gotten to the lab. I fought a Shadow demon plus some friends and had a pretty hard time of it. Then, when I finally put the thing down, it didn't die. It just fell over and the game wouldn't let me target it anymore. The next time it's turn came up, POOF! It's back at full health! (With no buffs, though, so I was able to finish it off without too much more pain.)

Then it happened again, only with a derakni covered in purple crystal. It fell over with -2 hit points but I couldn't target it anymore. It didn't seem to have any sort of regeneration. Only two characters had turns before it and weren't close, so I couldn't try using coup de grace on it. Then this happened!

View attachment 4383

Well, that's a pretty nice roll! But a roll of what??? Is this some sort of bug or is it supposed to happen??
These are *special* enemies (those with purple glow) - they go down then they get back up again but second time should be perma death. This isn't a bug. You will find out more about them as you play. About not being able to target them - thats intended. You can't attack them until they get back up. So try not to stand between two of them because you will get so much AoO until you target them again....

Last edited:
That's many dice!

Definitely looks like a bug, unless Tesslah had just had their batteries recharged ;) (I know, that was an easy one)
Not a bug, I see you didn't make it very far into WotR ;)

I wish they would do that a better way - it's extremely confusing in turn-based mode! An enemy just doesn't target!?

Well, now that I know, I can buff up and heal while the beastie is under its little stasis field.
You can't attack them until they get back up. So try not to stand between two of them because you will get so much AoO until you target them again....
Errr, what? AoO?

I wish they would do that a better way - it's extremely confusing in turn-based mode! An enemy just doesn't target!?

Well, now that I know, I can buff up and heal while the beastie is under its little stasis field.

Errr, what? AoO?
I suppose it's attack of opportunity. Where is that by the way, is it the attack to free the Citadel of Drezen?

Ah OK.

I think I visited that place in Act 3, but I didn't get that. Maybe not all the content is available at that point.
Pretty sure you would have encountered it.. I'm sure it was there from initial release :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom