Piranha Bytes - Working on New Game

In my opinion it would only be worth playing if you are a hardcore gamer and have exhausted the 100's of better games out there.

I don't regret the time I spent playing it (54 hours according to steam) but I can certainly think of better ways to spend that time :)

Skip 2 and play 3 to save time since 3 is MUCH better than 2!! :)

Risen 2 is def the worse PB game made so far. Bland environments with QTE's. Boring characters. Worst combat system of any Gothic/Risen game - from the overpowered firearms to the twitch melee (didn't try magic). Big step down from Risen 1 which was already a step down from G3 which was a step down from G1&2. Haven't played R3 yet.

No.
G3 was abysmal, a real crap.
R2 is mediocre but playable.

G3 was abysmal, a real crap.

There are some (me for instance) who would very much beg to differ. It is very much not crap.

DISCLAIMER: I never played it before the CPT, so I can't vouch for the game before that.

I played before CPT.
And finished everything inside (what could be finished) before CPT.

Sure, it was bug-o-rama on par with (yes, I'm repeating it again) Skyrim.
But it was fun bug-o-rama where something you killed was dead for good. It was not bug-o-rama where dead dancing spiders bug you'll see 24/7 because the bloody game doesn't stop respawning dreaded mobs!
Then again, I think of myself as a hardcore gamer from bjon045 post up there. Some, who believe that hardcore gaming means adoring grinding, will disagree. I believe that adoring grind is a psychological illness like gambling addiction that should be treated somehow. Sorry about that.

I played before CPT.
And finished everything inside (what could be finished) before CPT.

Sure, it was bug-o-rama on par with (yes, I'm repeating it again) Skyrim.
But it was fun bug-o-rama where something you killed was dead for good. It was not bug-o-rama where dead dancing spiders bug you'll see 24/7 because the bloody game doesn't stop respawning dreaded mobs!
Then again, I think of myself as a hardcore gamer from bjon045 post up there. Some, who believe that hardcore gaming means adoring grinding, will disagree. I believe that adoring grind is a psychological illness like gambling addiction that should be treated somehow. Sorry about that.

Hah, so typical.

Back
Top Bottom