Planescape: Torment - EE Release Date: April 11

How are they making it "difficult to obtain originals" when they package the EE with them? Come on. :D If anything they are making them easier to obtain by ensuring they will be there longer since Beamdog is a currently active developer and presumably owns the rights.

How are they making it "difficult to obtain originals" when they package the EE with them? Come on. :D If anything they are making them easier to obtain by ensuring they will be there longer since Beamdog is a currently active developer and presumably owns the rights.

I already mentioned previously the only option to purchase original is buying bundled package available on GoG only.

My skeptism towards Beamdog roots from my assessment of the quality of their previous EE products. From my view, its justified.

Aren't you forgetting the other companies? :)

Also, I think scepticism is healthy.

Mistrust is quite another concept - which while it may be justified - is STILL a Codexian trait where Bioware and Bethesda are involved.

Also explained in other thread but my complains roots from Beamdogs EEs forcing up the price and making it difficult to obtain originals. Erm the compant have some sort have obligation to meet customer expectation. Ofcourse, Im not the only customer and reading this thread there are plenty of fans of EEs. However, my complain = feedback to Beamdog. Like I said in previous post its good that enhancement is now fully optional. Glad they are listening to feedback :)

I'm sorry, but if you don't intend to buy - you're not a customer. So, there's no obligation.

If you were a customer and you were justifiably unhappy, then I could understand the complaint. That would be if the product didn't match what was promised. Not that it wasn't what it obviously wasn't.

Complaining about not getting what you want from someone who has absolutely zero obligation to provide you with anything at all - is what I can't quite wrap my head around :)

I already mentioned previously the only option to purchase original is buying bundled package available on GoG only.

And they addressed that with the PS:T:EE by allowing you turn off whatever enhanced features you don't want. What's the issue? The originals are packaged with the earlier Definitive Editions of BG:EE/BG2:EE/IWD:EE.

I also don't think $20 is some huge barrier to entry for any modern gamer, especially considering you can likely get the game hugely discounted in a sale later on.

I'm sorry, but if you don't intend to buy - you're not a customer. So, there's no obligation.

If you were a customer and you were justifiably unhappy, then I could understand the complaint.

Complaining about not getting what you want from someone who has absolutely zero obligation to provide you with anything at all - is what I can't quite wrap my head around :)

No need to be sorry cause that is your opinion. It gives me a right because I was a potential (returning) customer based on their initial marketing. I bought BG:EE and was severely disappointed by their *enhancements* and additional content. From my point, if they 1. Make additional contents optional 2. Produce better quality additional content I will be their customer.

And they addressed that with the PS:T:EE by allowing you turn off whatever enhanced features you don't want. What's the issue? The originals are packaged with the earlier Definitive Editions of BG:EE/BG2:EE/IWD:EE.

I also don't think $20 is some huge barrier to entry for any modern gamer, especially considering you can likely get the game hugely discounted in a sale later on.

I already mentioned its a good thing that PST:EE addresses the issue. Please read my post before you respond :) like I mentioned, EE packages drove up the cost of obtaining original.

Whether $20 is a steep cost or not is a call individual customer makes.

Considering they are on sale in every Steam/GOG sale for about $5, yeah, not sure about a large long term impact of driving up the cost for the originals. :)

No need to be sorry cause that is your opinion. It gives me a right because I was a potential (returning) customer based on their initial marketing. I bought BG:EE and was severely disappointed by their *enhancements* and additional content. From my point, if they 1. Make additional contents optional 2. Produce better quality additional content I will be their customer.

Again, we don't need a right to complain and I'm not trying to take that away ;)

I don't think you being a potential customer creates any obligation for Beamdog whatsoever, unless they bring it upon themselves to gain your business.

So, we just disagree about how reasonable it is to complain about. We don't disagree that it's an opportunistic cash-grab, because I definitely think it is.

@DArt: happy to agree to disagree on company obligation/customer complaints! ;)

@Fluent: Sales aren't on all the time ;)

Choosing to pay full price is now a conscious decision that a customer gets to make. They can wait for a sale as many already do.

Even if they decide to pay the full price, I think that's great. It will help fund more Enhanced Editions going forward, and also cast a wallet vote for more CRPGs in general to be made. Win/win all the way around. :)

Fluent, like I said its jacked up the price and affected availability, I didnt say copies arent available. Sure, $5 may not be much but prior to bundling, it was cheaper than $5 on sale. My point stands justified ;)

Yes, I understand you find it great, got the point a long time ago ;)

Choosing to pay full price is now a conscious decision that a customer gets to make. They can wait for a sale as many already do.

Even if they decide to pay the full price, I think that's great. It will help fund more Enhanced Editions going forward, and also cast a wallet vote for more CRPGs in general to be made. Win/win all the way around. :)

Just a sidefact: The highest regular discount for Siege of Dragonspear on Steam, GOG or Bundlestars up to now was 15 %. Thus you are argueing on presumptions about the future price politics of Beamdog.

Can't you just accept, that several people have a reasonable different opinion on that point, Fluent? Permanently repeating the same opposite opinion over and over again, with a double or triple post at best, won't change anything and makes these kinds of discussion quite tedious. There is really nothing left to add and I don't think there is any scientifically right or wrong in this.

I wasn't talking about Siege of Dragonspear as that was not an Enhanced Edition. I was speaking specifically about the EEs, which are regularly 75% off in sales ($5.)

If someone reaches as far to try and make a point that a potentially $5 game "driving up costs", or make a claim that Beamdog is "making the originals more difficult to obtain", just make sure you get a good stretch in before reaching that far. :D

I'm going to walk away from this arguement after this post because its starting to become pointless. Mathematically speaking its true, not discussing only about the sale price. Oh and don't worry, I am a tiny girl who's well versed with stretching before reaching that far :)

Mathematically it is indeed true. I just fail to see how a very small difference in price makes a big difference. I could understand if they were charging $60 for the package, or not including the original game in the package at all. But we can just agree to disagree. :)

I wasn't talking about Siege of Dragonspear as that was not an Enhanced Edition. I was speaking specifically about the EEs, which are regularly 75% off in sales ($5.)

If someone reaches as far to try and make a point that a potentially $5 game "driving up costs", or make a claim that Beamdog is "making the originals more difficult to obtain", just make sure you get a good stretch in before reaching that far. :D
IWDEE as the last EE released in 2014, SoD in 2016. I repeat: You use presumptions about Beamdog's internal business plans as an argument of parsimony against you discussion partners. That is no fact, it is an opinion. And maybe you get a shitload of money every month, but I know people who are counting their money precisely. It is not your business to declare people what is much money!

Mmk. :) Good point on my presumptions. We shall see what they do going forward. :)

nobody really needed this version.

nostalgia + credulous audience = $$$

Doesn't matter if it turns out to be an almost-worthless, buggy mess.. they'll still swallow it with all the unyielding passion of twelve year old gamers. :D

Unyielding passion of 12 year olds can be a good trait. Sometimes it's hard as an adult to see the world as a child would, but when you can do that in something like gaming it can a beautiful thing.

Back
Top Bottom