Post-Apocalyptic City Builder Homeseek

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Came across this game on Steam recently and thought others might like it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naP350JfAH8
There is a demo available and it releases later this month.

Played the demo this morning. It's ok, but it feels a little rough around the edges. It's another one of those unoptimized Unity engine games that will make your video card hot enough to cook an egg.

You spend most of your time managing resources and trying to keep the community alive. There's no combat, although you do have hostile encounters that play out through text. Your base is on a pretty small map at least in the demo. There are other locations on a world map you can visit with expeditions, but what happens in those places is simply described via text. It's more survival than strategy.

Just bought it today and played for 20 minutes. Reminds me of Frostpunk.

Homeseek is a captivating post-apocalyptic survival strategy game set in a dystopian future where water is scarce. The impact of choices is not significant, and there are occasional bugs and spelling errors. Nonetheless, the game provides a well-paced story campaign with varying difficulty levels to cater to different players. While lacking replayability, Homeseek has the potential to be an engaging title with further updates and fixes.

They would have to optimize it better for me to consider buying it. Maybe I'll try the demo again once I've assembled my new rig and see if it still overworks my GPU the way it was.

Back
Top Bottom