Pre-Olympic hype!

France nipped Slovenia by a point to make the gold medal game in basketball. So after pulling off the upset against the U.S. in the first round, they're now playing again for the gold. I give France about a 1 in 10 chance here. :)

The U.S. baseball team is also in the gold medal game. Like the basketball team, they had to fight their way back through the bracket after a loss to face the team that beat them. This time it's Japan.

And now look, Stevenson dethroned the three time world champion Petriashvili to claim the gold! Man, if you want to hear a thunderous slam, listen to that first takedown, guaranteed to cause a wince or three!!

Ooops and I totally neglected to congratulate Canada on their hard-fought victory for the gold over Sweden. That was a seriously great match to watch, and solid props to both teams for a completely awesome football to view.

The U.S. women's basketball team is also in the gold medal game now. They'll play Japan for the gold. They're the only undefeated team in the tournament.

I don't think the women have been challenged since 1992 :biggrin:

Unlilke the men, the US women's team has a lot of players who have been playing together on that team for years and years (Bird, Taurasi, etc). Really makes a difference.

Though the men's team righted the ship enough to be playing for gold tonight. Unfortunately for my interest in watching, that success has partly come at the expense of my NBA team's representative (Lillard)

We took the gold yet again in basketball as I expected. Give France credit though, the game was a lot closer than I thought it would be. The women's team should make it a sweep tonight.

Congratulations to Isaquias Queiroz for winning the Gold Medal (Canoe C1-1000m). :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap::clap:

In Rio-2106 he won 2 Silver Medals and 1 Bronze Medal, only the Gold one was lacking (which came now).

The man is a machine, once he puts his canoe ahead of the others, it's bye-bye.

Last edited:
And congratulations to our Men's Football Team for the Gold Medal, this time over Spain. :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap::clap:

Truth is: the match was hard, either team could have won it!

Last edited:
Well, Lauren Price got her boxing gold. :) Well done Japan - it was a good games, under the circumstances.

Last edited:
Indeed, solid games all around. The boxing bouts were well worth viewing, as were most of the baseball contests. Given all the setbacks and other issues, I believe Japan did the very best with what they had.

Back
Top Bottom