Pricewatch!

So are the Beamdog EEs worth it? Don't see myself replaying these anytime soon.
I love them. Fantastic all-around packages with many fixes and improvements. Hassle-free. Excellent high-res support (I'm alternating between 16:9 and 4:3 monitors). Zoomable map -- I'm keeping it at the same level while playing: fairly close like in the originals, but I need it to be different between screen resolutions. Sure, you can get a lot of the EE functionality for free via mods, but at 75% off I think it's a no-brainer.

The only mod I installed was LeUI, which is a beautiful GUI replacement. The BG:EE default looked bad IMO. Will use the Siege of Dragonspear UI when I get to that part though.

The updated Beamdog games are completely worth purchasing. If you loved these games in the past, you'll just feel the same stuff all over again. If you've not played them before, well, then I'm envious.

Too many good new games released these days to replay any old one (especially because games also got extremely cheap).

IMO, worth it. Production values are the same, but the game is a bit longer than Mars.
If they didn't use endless trashmob respawns, the game would be a classic and I'd mark it as a mustbuy. Sadly, it's just an above average and charming scifi RPG, very good, yet not great as it could have been.

Starpoint Gemini 2 is 85% off for the next 39 hours on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2361

I never did finish this one but I sure got a lot more than $6.30 worth of fun out of it.

P.S. Isn't it about time for the Steam Spring Sale? I thought it would include Easter.

I don't remember Steam having Easter/Spring Sale. They always run Summer and Winter Sales, and since 3 years ago (give it or take it) they also promote a mini-sale near Black Friday.

Also: there is a new Humble Bundle, called Wild Frontier Bundle.

Can anyone tell me good things about these games ? The only ones I could possibly be interested are Gods Will Be Watching, Frontiers, Hard West and Renowned Explorers. As for the others, I really don't care as much….

Last edited:
Hard West is great. Frontiers however is a game still in Beta with only very, very vague Release plans and slow progress afaik. The lead designer basically ran out of money and does small VR Games to make a living and continue programming on Frontiers on his spare time.

Also: there is a new Humble Bundle, called Wild Frontier Bundle.

Can anyone tell me good things about these games ? The only ones I could possibly be interested are Gods Will Be Watching, Frontiers, Hard West and Renowned Explorers. As for the others, I really don't care as much….

I got the second tier bundle bundle and have kept Gods Will Be Watching, Hard West and Renowned Explorers.

If you're interested in Frontiers or any of the others, just drop a note (applies for everyone of course!)

Well I'm glad I didn't buy The Technomancer the other day because now it's on sale for less. Bundle Stars lowered the price to $10.19 for the next 5 days. I grabbed it.

Lack of details man... What If you don't have SR games on Steam?
Next 48 hours, Saints Row 2 is free on GOG. :D

Lack of details man… What If you don't have SR games on Steam?
Next 48 hours, Saints Row 2 is free on GOG. :D
I guess I could have added that, but hey, what's life without surprises? ;)

On a somewhat related note, someone on another forum just said:
I got Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition for free even though I only got the demo version in my Steam library? Huh?

Back
Top Bottom