Risen - Screens @ Worthplaying

Do these look very low res or is it me? They look decent, but not for a newer game if you know what I mean.

They look great to me. Not the best graphics I've ever seen, but the artistic style and atmosphere look to be there.

First time seeing the UI, it looks quite nice but I would have liked to see the skills page

guess heads size is not going to be addressed, but this was to be expected. :-/
________
Strawberry cough

Last edited:
Still looks great to me, and I honestly have no issue with head size.

I haven't scrutinized the images, but I've seen nothing that would indicate heads being out of proportion with their bodies.

Maybe I'm blind.

google a bit for a normal athletic human male body and then for a deformed bodybuilder weirdo on steriods.
the difference is all there.
:)
________
Iolite Vaporizer

Last edited:
google a bit for a normal athletic human male body and then for a deformed bodybuilder weirdo on steriods.
the difference is all there.

When I look at the screenshots - I really don't see anything wrong. Maybe if you posted a couple of screenshots for comparison so I could see what you mean :)

look @ the older thread with this discussion :)

btw an example of disproportion, since skulls, unlike muscles, cannot be artificially pumped
body_builder_22sfw.gif
________
Avandia lawyers

Last edited:
You posted an image of bodybuilders - but I fail to see the correlation with Risen?

But it's no big deal - and there's no need for you to go to any length to demonstrate this.

I'm sure it's disproportionate if you guys say so - I just don't personally notice it. I DID see something like that in Gothic 3 - on some characters. But I always assumed it had to do with the gigantic armors they were wearing.

But I always assumed it had to do with the gigantic armors they were wearing.
they apear to have exactly the same disproportions when they wear a thin sack cloth.
________
IGNIS

Last edited:
I've yet to see a game that has a "correct" anatomy of the characters. But comparing to real-life pictures isnt really fair always, especially since many games takes their inspiration from comic books or animated movies rather than real life.

I'm still wondering why this game is only 2.5GB.. seems extremely small even compared to Gothic2 and that game is now quite old..

it is also commonly known that PB have stated on various occasions they're making an effort to let their characters look "cartoonish", exaggerated in some way - and that means not necessarily realistic in every proportion.

however, the small heads issue has been discussed on several g3 boards since its release, because a detail like that will always hit the eye. gothic has always been more realistic that some other fantasy games (no elves, no fancy bullshit, no bright green grass like the freaked-up american teen market would wish in order to consider a game "cool") and this kind of discussions turns out to be normal imo - quite in line with the remaining features we could discuss and compare.

i hope, otoh, their npcs' personalities will also be somehow exaggerated and peculiar, at least for the key characters, since graphics are far from being the most important feature in this kind of games.
________
Durashift

Last edited:
Still looks great to me, and I honestly have no issue with head size.

I haven't scrutinized the images, but I've seen nothing that would indicate heads being out of proportion with their bodies.

Maybe I'm blind.

In that other thread ... I could see the point when he did the side-by-side of a straight screen and a 'head-inflated' screen ... but agree, I never had an issue before, nor do I now.

It's a damn video game, not real life. The heads will be just fine...

Why don't give them all long ears and second head? That's not real life but just a game...

Back
Top Bottom