Risen - System Specs Revealed

uhn if they dont give support to MP they are lost.

Gothic games *never* had MP, as far as I know, so why are you saying this ?

Now a 3.2 Ghz, nothing dual core yet :p

I have a P8400 at 2.26GHz. I can play Gothic 3 without issue. Are they serious with that 3.0GHz?

uhn if they dont give support to MP they are lost.

No thanks. I doubt anyone would want them to put time/money/effort into MP, IRL that'd mean that something else would have to suffer.

3.0ghz dual core sounds like a lot! I mean most new computers are equipped with quadcore or dualcore with lower ghz. Myself im sitting on a 2,66 Like todd. I've overclocked mine to 3,2 though so it should be fine.

On World of Gothic forums, one of the Devs was quoted as saying that Risen would require no more resources that Fallout3 so I'm taking that as my guide.

It's fairly big if they don't rely on video clips or uber-resolution for image textures.

Really? Empire Total War was 15GB, so was Ghostbusters but that had massive clips.

Harry Potter was ~12, and a host of others like Prototype were ~8 or so ... so I do look at 2.5 as *TINY*.

Well, if it is still true that approximately 40% of the game is a dungeon crawl then I'd guess that that is saving them a lot of space since the underground areas will probably not be overly detailed, at least compared to the world above ground level (I think it is also slightly "suspicious" that they have released nearly zero screenshots or videos covering the underground levels).
The entire world including the underground is supposed to be about Gothic 2 size (PB never really specified whether this guesstimate includes or excludes NotR). So imagine a world about 60% of the size of Khorinis (or Khorinis + Jharkendar) above the ground. Even if Jharkendar would be included that is still fairly small compared to other games and I think that's where the relatively small install size might be coming from.

And just for the record: I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'd rather have a small, beautiful and even short game than something huge, epic and boring.

Back
Top Bottom