Rockstar - Red Dead Redemption?

I've heard about that game… Sleepy Dogs.
Is it really good? I always thought it's some pathetic grinder.

It's pretty much a GTA clone with good melee combat and good atmosphere for its setting.

EDIT: They put it on sale often. Think ive seen it for like $5 multiple times.

Last edited:
Which GTA? I played only GTA5 and it's bloody Need for Speed with a story, I regret buying it that boredom where you're driving stuff more time than actually playing the game.

I haven't played 5. I stopped at GTA IV. You drive to missions just like GTA, but if memory serves, Sleepy Dog's Tokyo is smaller than GTA IV's.

One of the more harmless results from a GIS for "excited cowboy"

funny-cowboy-dance.gif

Red dead plays a lot like the witcher 3.

Red Dead Redemption was an amazing game with a fantastic story. It's a game I'll fondly remember 20 years from now. If the PC version never comes, it's worth spending $50 for a refurbished Xbox 360 just to play it.

Red Dead Redemption Trailer

You know it is backward compatable on the xbox one

Red Dead Redemption was a nice game. Atmospheric, beautiful and generally interesting for many hours. However, after some time it gets repetitive as the same events keep happening over and over. But I got pretty far into Mexico before finally stopping. Many hours of fun gaming there.

I also really liked the "Dead" aspect of the game. It was sort of like Dark Souls-ish, where you'd get bitten by a snake or mauled by a mountain lion and the screen would fade (or go black and white, whatever) and a big "DEAD" would come up. Happens a lot because there are many quirky ways to die in the game. I would like to see them expand on that aspect in a future game. They are kind of "random events" that you have to occasionally deal with and they are generally all very dangerous.

I hope you play a bad guy, robbing banks and trains with your gang of thugs you can recruit in the world. Living in the wilderness, hunting, fishing and crafting to survive, hiding from the law.
But ya…if its console only i'll have to pass it up…

That sounds fun!

I played RDR entirely too much. I reached the 100% completion mark in single player and many, many hours of multi player. F'ing love RDR.

Red dead plays a lot like the witcher 3.

That's pretty hefty praise. I rented RDR for a weekend and thought it was good, but I don't think I would compare it to TW3.

I wouldn't be shocked if this ends up being a remaster of RDR rather than a sequel.

There is talk that the game is a prequel given that the first game was set during the end of the west as a period and close to WW1.

Never played it and I guess I missed it when it came out (didn't have a console). At first glance at the title, I thought it was a game about a Zombified Vladimir Putin taking his revenge on the West.

There is talk that the game is a prequel given that the first game was set during the end of the west as a period and close to WW1.

I would prefer it that way, I was feeling it was too late for a western (as in Old West) game.

That's pretty hefty praise. I rented RDR for a weekend and thought it was good, but I don't think I would compare it to TW3.

I wouldn't be shocked if this ends up being a remaster of RDR rather than a sequel.

Nope, pretty sure this is a sequel.

Shame, but ok if separate release a year later. Doubt the first will ever come up on pc, ACG did a pretty good video on how messed up ( technicall-y) it was.

Back
Top Bottom