Rogue Trader - Dev Diary #3

I've played both Pathfinder games and enjoyed it.
But this Warhammer 40K setting isn't very appealing to me. And the alpha demo shown by youtubers didn't show anything enticing to me... It looks like most of the time we're in those industrial environments (lots of metal and boxes). The lore looks like more complex and yet, less interesting. I know this setting has a bazillion of books, so I guess it will be more difficult to get into (I didn't have any previous knowledge of Pathfinder, but the story and the hyperlinked hilighted words that allowed a popup to explain the lore, was more than enough to get to know the world and its lore).

I hope they manage to find a way to ease us in into this world.

In some respects the monsters aren't all that different from the demons in PF:WoR; it's technology and aliens replacing a hellscape and monsters. But I'm sure it will appeal more to WH40K fans than the Pathfinder games. Perhaps we'll see some reverse interest with Warhammer miniatures players going back to try the Pathfinder-inspired games?

I've played both Pathfinder games and enjoyed it.
But this Warhammer 40K setting isn't very appealing to me. And the alpha demo shown by youtubers didn't show anything enticing to me... It looks like most of the time we're in those industrial environments (lots of metal and boxes). The lore looks like more complex and yet, less interesting. I know this setting has a bazillion of books, so I guess it will be more difficult to get into (I didn't have any previous knowledge of Pathfinder, but the story and the hyperlinked hilighted words that allowed a popup to explain the lore, was more than enough to get to know the world and its lore).

I hope they manage to find a way to ease us in into this world.
The first area in alpha (Footfall) is an industrial world but there are other types of world once you leave Footfall (e.g Janus is an agri-world planet and has much more pleasing environ).

I do agree that I'm definitely finding WH40K universe lore less interesting but I'm willing to give beta a chance before I make up my mind on the whole game.

The first area in alpha (Footfall) is an industrial world but there are other types of world once you leave Footfall (e.g Janus is an agri-world planet and has much more pleasing environ).
That's nice to hear. I really would have had a hard time if it only was industrial environment.

Back
Top Bottom