RPG General News - Xbox Games Showcase 2024

Clair Obscur looks like a party-based, turn-based RPG. Hard to judge at this point, but looked interesting.

Some tasty trailers there...

State of Decay 3? Yeah baby, bring it!

Clair Obscur looks like a party-based, turn-based RPG. Hard to judge at this point, but looked interesting.
Yep, with what looks like some timing-based stuff for bonus damage or effects?

I loved the trailer for STALKER 2. It's about time we finally got some unscripted gameplay footage, and I wasn't disappointed. After Erdtree, it's easily my most anticipated game for the rest of the year.
Yeah, it looked great. September 5th? Soon, nice.

Story-wise Clair Obscur appeals most to me. The battles look like JRPG-ish but the interface and cinematics look really fresh. I’m usually not a JRPG fan but I’d love to be wrong about the genre with this game.

Never owned a XBox, and don't plan to ever own one, but I'm not informed on whether 100% of XBox games go into the PC app, which I do use on ocassion; regardless, good to see their users get some RPG love.

Same, while I've owned play stations over the years, and actually still have one, I've not ever acquired an Xbox. Hey, if any of these are turn based and tactical and make the leap to the pc folk, I'd not ignore them.

They just dropped a playable demo for Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn if anyone is interested.

Same, while I've owned play stations over the years, and actually still have one, I've not ever acquired an Xbox. Hey, if any of these are turn based and tactical and make the leap to the pc folk, I'd not ignore them.
Every one of them has a Steam page. Except Assassin's Creed Shadows, because Ubisoft, I guess, but that's def coming to PC.

Last edited:
They just dropped a playable demo for Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn if anyone is interested.
I'll def try that out today.
The game looks fun - pretty much the antithesis of their last game, Ashen. I've tried to get into that a couple of times, but it was too frustrating and unrewarding.

Just played the first hour of Flintlock, and I'm liking it. It's a bit linear so far, but I imagine it'll open up.
I played for about an hour as well. Beat the first boss but quit shortly after that. I think it's ok but probably not something I'll buy. It seems like a decent AA title.

I'm ok with it being a bit linear, sometimes that can be a saving grace though it can also hamper exploration possibilities. We'll see how it all shakes out here.

I'm ok with it being a bit linear, sometimes that can be a saving grace though it can also hamper exploration possibilities. We'll see how it all shakes out here.
It does open up a little after the first hour. At least, enough to explore alternate paths and find hidden areas. It's not a fully open world in the modern sense, though. More like, say, the Darkstalker games.
Weapon options, travel options, etc, are added as you go, as well. It takes a couple of hours in to be given a rifle/musket thingy, for longer range combat.
I felt it improved the further I got into it, so I've wishlisted it (though, I'd only buy it with a decent discount - too many games already!).

Xbox Series X: biggest feature for me is the SAVE STATES!! I absolutely love save states, IMO, biggest invention in gaming history, for those who want to play for 10-15 minutes at a time.

Checked out two titles at random:
WUCHANG: Fallen Feathers Announcement Trailer -- lame. Also had to find another trailer on YT that does NOT require super-annoying Sign-in to confirm your age = That's an instant Close-TAB for me.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl — The Time of Opportunities Trailer - this is better done. Although considering Unreal Engine 5.2 visuals STALKER-2 looks simplistic.

Ah mercy you never change your worse then me and hate every new game.

If you ever finkshy your game well....let's hope karma is good to you.

Back
Top Bottom