RPGWatch Feature - Encased Early Access Preview

Since this is a game that encourages replays, I don't mind playing EA and then when it leaves EA I'll just play a totally different faction with different skills. I'm psionics and a goody two-shoes, so I'll play a sneaky, orange thief that has good charisma and a whole party or something. I've avoided companion play completely in the EA release.

I also want to play a dumb brute that's a psychopathic murderer at some point.

P.S. Just to warn people that the game is nothing like Fallout:
Muscles is not Strength
Perception might be Perception
Guts is not Endurance
Charisma may be Charisma
Brains is not Intelligence
Deftness is totally not the same as Agility
Fortune and Luck are not synonyms, nope ;)

Well...at least Encased has Pysche. Fallouts don't have that one! I wonder if Encased can call their stat system Special P :biggrin:

In combat, you fully control their moves, actions and inventory interactions like taking boost, healing, … It's turn-based. You control their gear too.

Outside of combat, you can make them stay or go to a specific spot instead of follow you. But you don't choose how they level up, you can't make them interact with the world, for ex. flip a switch or use their strength to force a door (though it's been requested and the devs said they'd consider those points).

Thanks. It would be nice if we could use their stats outside of combat, so I hope they do implement that at some point. At least we get to control them during battles though. I was afraid they might make them independent.

All good information, thanks everyone for the added info!

Dumb brute that's prone to being a sadistic murderer is pretty much how I roll through just about every game! =p
Except this time they have a special treat for that type of character ;) That was mentioned in a recent update:
There's even a unique and fascinating play branch for an extremely low intelligence character. How your story plays out is 100% up to you!
I haven't tried, but that looks fun.

Thanks. It would be nice if we could use their stats outside of combat, so I hope they do implement that at some point.
It would, you can't build a jack of all trades, and a few times I felt I was missing out on something, for ex. because I didn't have enough strength to remove a big rock ("muscle" in this game). I've never been blocked though, because there are several ways to solve most situations. At worst it's a dialogue path or something optional, so it makes you want to replay with another build to discover new things.

Secret Question:

Okay, I learned in Nashville that you don't ever go back to Concord

Is there anybody in Tutorial land you should leave alive for later quests? Does anyone know? I'm super tempted to Armageddon the tutorial area before I leave, if I can make all the kills. Muwahahaha :D

Secret Question:

Okay, I learned in Nashville that you don't ever go back to Concord

Is there anybody in Tutorial land you should leave alive for later quests? Does anyone know? I'm super tempted to Armageddon the tutorial area before I leave, if I can make all the kills. Muwahahaha :D
There are quite a few you meet later. Normally the game should still allow you to continue, it'll just be harder.

Hmmm, maybe I can get a list of those who should be saved from the massacre; assuming I can win. I assume it's fairly easy to win on the 2nd easiest difficulty.

I've also wondered which exact build gets the most learning and skill points. I know Silvers get two extra/level so that's probably the best faction, but I'm sure taking loner and opportunist are also sure bets. I didn't play Silver as I liked White's skills a little better. However, I chose two weapon skills (high tech, psi) and I think you can just live with psi alone. It covers all the damage types unless you want to go pacifist; which I've heard is almost impossible in EA.

Once you complete Tennessee the game really opens up. I love it!

Back
Top Bottom