RPGWatch Feature - Stardew Valley Review

his is a great game, good to see a review here. Spent so many hours on this.

Thanks!! I wasn't sure if anyone will be interested in reading Stardew Valley review since it is rather simplistic game compared to most of games covered in RPGWatch.

I spent over 300 hours on it :lol: I was totally addicted.

Btw, in case anyone missed, Stardew Valley is coming to the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Wii U!

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-coming-to-consoles-q4-2016/

If it was just slider… But it's not. It's hold/let go precisely and miliseconds count.

Milliseconds count. That is a good one. Nearly paints SV as a game that requires massive skills.

Corrections through baits should be doable.

Not sure there is an audience for this type of low entry products on mobiles. Better to keep it for the PC scene.

Thanks!! I wasn't sure if anyone will be interested in reading Stardew Valley review since it is rather simplistic game compared to most of games covered in RPGWatch.

I spent over 300 hours on it :lol: I was totally addicted.
Then that's a good reason to write us a review about it. :)

Well done, purpleblob! I do hope you'll write more reviews. It was an easy read, informative, and you encouraged me to try certain things I had not thought of before - as soon as I'll start playing.

I have bought the game a while ago, haven't played it yet out of lack of time, but when I do have time I think I'll play this one BEFORE starting with the last Witcher. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Eye for your kind words :) means a lot to me. Yes, I do hope I will write more reviews in future and very glad you enjoyed reading my review. Please let me know how your Stardew journey is going ;)

Nice review, purpleblob! I enjoyed reading it and the game sounds lovely. :)

I actually watched several episodes of a Let's Play on it, and it does look really relaxing and fun. :)

Also, for you married folks it is an awesome game to get the wife to play...my wife is not a gamer but she is farther in this game then I am.

Good point, rune! How do you think I found out about this game in first place? ;)

The review is spot on. And yeah, the game seems to get a lot of popularity in a certain segment. I was asked by a friend recently if i have any recommendations for a game that would suit his girlfriend's tastes (she is a hardcore Sims fan and she spent quite a bit in Sims 3 store). So, i told him to get this. Needless to say, his girlfriend got hooked and i've got blamed. Well, no good deed goes unpunished:)

I, personally, play it in short 1-2 hours bursts. Mostly because is really relaxing. I had three indies in my sights (Stardew Valley, Renowned Explorers and Thea: The Awakening) and managed to get two of them (Stardew Valley and Renowned Explorers). Hopefully, i will get the third in a sale this year. I am glad that there are still developers around that get the idea that games need to be fun and relaxing, too. I hate how all that esports thing is pushed, as being competitive just isn't in my nature (also poor reflexes, but that doesn't matter in SP, only in MP and, of course, esports). So games like Stardew are, for me, a breath of fresh air. Something that i can enjoy. And for that i am grateful for those few devs that are still doing more casual games (not hardcore, but not dumbed down, either)

So, yeah, i will continue advertising it as much as i can. For one man to manage to develop a game with that much content, that is amazing in our days. To achieve over one million sold copies in a rather short time and at a price that i think that is more than okay (seen worse indies asking for a much higher price), now, that is an acomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom