RPGWatch @ Gamescom - An Overview in Pictures

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is an article with a selection of the photographs I was able to take during Gamescom. They consist of images from the show, Cologne and the goodies that I received.

More information.

Better late than never, I suppose :)

As mentioned in the article, I did receive a number of goodies again, which take up space somewhere in the house. There are just a few limited items I would like to keep, the rest is available for those willing to pay for the shipment fees (you can use the postage calculator on this page for that). Many of the things can be posted as a letter, but some can't.

Dreamland. :D

TBH, a festival of games industry marketing wouldn't interest me very much. I'd have been much happier just wandering round Cologne.

TBH, a festival of games industry marketing wouldn't interest me very much. I'd have been much happier just wandering round Cologne.

Me too. Would love to see Cologne. Missed it during my younger days backpacking through Europe.

I was there, but I had little time between appointments and it was simply too crowded to get to see any games.

Were you looking to get rid of some of the goodies, Myrthos, or did I misunderstand?
If so, I'd potentially be interested in the Blorg plushy (the green blob thingy in the Paradox image) or any of the Kingdom Come stuff. :)

There is not much to add from me to that article …

Only one point : The metal-coloured building behing "on the way to the Dom I met this guy" is one of Cologne's best museums : The Museum Ludwig, it has mostly modern art.

The red brick building on the second of these two "this guy" photos is actually part of the "Dombauhütte", a building in which the stonecutters and masons supporting the Dom work. Maybe it's called an "cathedral workshop" according to dict.leo.org ? Anyway, a German-language Wikipedia entry : https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauhütte
There doesn't seem to exist an English-language equivalent of that entry.

Because of its hugepause inb building the Dom, the stone party have often aged too much and in some exposed places affected by erosion. Therefore, the work is never completed - like with almost all medieval stone buildings.

Were you looking to get rid of some of the goodies, Myrthos, or did I misunderstand?
If so, I'd potentially be interested in the Blorg plushy (the green blob thingy in the Paradox image) or any of the Kingdom Come stuff. :)
That is correct, I can send you those items. They don’t weigh much, but because of the pluchy thing it won’t fit in an enveloppe. So it will be a small box. You can do the cost check for that yourself, or you can come and pick it up in Eindhoven :)

Looks fun!

What type of pass did you get? Do you get a pro pass of some kind via the Watch, or just a private one? What are the different access levels?

I get a press pass as an RPGWatch representative, so have free access for all four days (and free parking). It also gives me access before it actually opens to the public.
The different passes are: press, exhibitor, trade visitor and public.

If you are interested to visit as an RPGWatch representative next year, I'm sure that can be arranged :)
Next year Gamescom is from 21-25 August.

Sounds like a press pass is pretty sweet. If my schedule allows it, I would definitely be interested in it.

Back
Top Bottom