RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

I can't reproduce that as there is no way of knowing what image it was.
Was a picture actually shown? If so do you know from which game it was?
If it happens again, please look at the properties of the image (right click on it) and send me the location that is listed in the properties.

Can we still request some things?If yes it would be great if we could use userbars in our signatures.

Userbars are 350x19 pixel images used in signatures, sometimes animated.

Last edited:
You can request anything you want and we'll discuss it.

I think i request this feature but I'm not sure whether anyone else wants it

Userbars are something like this :

Since I have not been a member for long i guess my word doesnt count much but i think having this feature would be nice.
Some forums allow even 20 userbars but I think 3 or 4 would be enough.
I dont know if we should discuss this or vote but in the end its up to you guys to decide,you run this site after all .

Our members can discuss it here. The staff members will discuss this in their own part of the forums ;)

Our members can discuss it here. The staff members will discuss this in their own part of the forums ;)
:biggrin:Do you think there should be a poll for this?
Its not only about userbars its about images in our signatures.
Well I hope someone will agree with me .

You are free to start a poll if you like.

Could someone more experienced than me start a poll about this?I am not familiar enough with forums.

But you certainly have experience with learning new things. ;)

Two years ago we decided against graphic signatures. Maybe we'll reconsider it. Who knows.

But you certainly have experience with learning new things. ;)

Two years ago we decided against graphic signatures. Maybe we'll reconsider it. Who knows.

Please keep it that way!
The pure clean interface of RPGWatch is wonderful.

Not having userbars, animated gifs, or other gaudy graphics flashing across the bottom of every post in a thread is a godsend. I personally find them annoying not to mention distracting when trying to read threads. There's enough gaudy advertising on the net.

I'm aware such things can usually be disabled however often people have links to informative material in their signatures as well as insightful quotes.

I see these things all over the place and despise them. Imagine trying to read a book / textbook with those things flashing in the margins and interspersed between paragraphs.

Ubbax
"A man must be both stupid and uncharitable who believes there is no virtue or truth but on his own side." -- Joseph Addison

Please keep it that way!
The pure clean interface of RPGWatch is wonderful.

Not having userbars, animated gifs, or other gaudy graphics flashing across the bottom of every post in a thread is a godsend. I personally find them annoying not to mention distracting when trying to read threads. There's enough gaudy advertising on the net.

I'm aware such things can usually be disabled however often people have links to informative material in their signatures as well as insightful quotes.

I see these things all over the place and despise them. Imagine trying to read a book / textbook with those things flashing in the margins and interspersed between paragraphs.
I agree with everything you said,but there could be some restrictions for the size or whether they're gonna be animated or not.Sometimes things like userbars can be funny or help you know each person better.I believe there could be a formula which would work with the wonderful layout of RPGWatch.

"A man must be both stupid and uncharitable who believes there is no virtue or truth but on his own side." -- Joseph Addison
I hope that wasnt about me i just proposed something theres no need to call me names

I hope that wasnt about me i just proposed something theres no need to call me names
Ubbax has had quotes in his sig for as long as I can remember. I seriously doubt that was aimed at you.

My main concern would be bandwidth. It ain't free, and this site is supported by neither ads nor donations. Userbars are kind of fun (there's some really cool Red Wings ones I've seen), but I wouldn't want to add unnecessary expense to our owners to have them.

Please be assured I was not calling you names.
As dteowner mentioned I use quotes frequently. Usually I attempt to use one that's contextually appropriate.

In this case the quote was used for the following reason:
Though we may have disparate views I am not so knave as to believe only mine may be the correct one. Indeed, in my opinion, anyone who believed thus would be limiting their personal growth thus uncharitable in the sense no one else might have insight of value.

Hopefully this helps clarify the situation.

Ubbax

Please be assured I was not calling you names.
As dteowner mentioned I use quotes frequently. Usually I attempt to use one that's contextually appropriate.

In this case the quote was used for the following reason:
Though we may have disparate views I am not so knave as to believe only mine may be the correct one. Indeed, in my opinion, anyone who believed thus would be limiting their personal growth thus uncharitable in the sense no one else might have insight of value.

Hopefully this helps clarify the situation.

Ubbax

Ok man I understand,no hard feelings :):manhug:

In a separate discussion the RPGWatch team members disapprove of userbars for the reason they are annoying.
As I've not seen a compelling reason here to change the current status, we will not allow userbars for now.

Good decision. I have seen too many that are just an abuse of my eyes and you should not have to moderate those on top of the posts.

Back
Top Bottom