Sector Unknown - Announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG Sector Unknown has been announced:

Sector Unknown

Sector Unknown is a story-rich, isometric RPG set in a shadowy expanse of space. Begin on a desolate planet, establish a stronghold, explore space, ally with or dominate local factions, and ignite a rebellion against a despotic organization bent on exploiting the sector's resources and inhabitants.

Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Great another isometric RPG. Just hope it turns out to be good.

It reminds me of Colony Ship but potentially more interesting. Not releasing until Q3 though, and even then it's only going to be early access.

Great another isometric RPG. Just hope it turns out to be good.
Just my thought.
There is also empire building gameplay element (establish a stronghold) and flying in space so it inclines towards Rogue Trader.

BTW nice new avatar, Couch. :)

Just my thought.
There is also empire building gameplay element (establish a stronghold) and flying in space so it inclines towards Rogue Trader.

BTW nice new avatar, Couch. :)
My thought as well. As for the avatar A.I imagining software helped make it.

I'm definitely up for another sci-fi RPG.

Developer here. Thanks for the comments.

The games I love to play the most are RPGs, and in particular isometric cRPGs. Recently, Colony Ship is the one that grabbed me - played through that one three times, got something like 95% of the achievements for it. Others I really enjoyed recently include Encased, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, and Trudograd. I really enjoy the post-apocalypse as a genre, but that seems really over-saturated at this point of time. Science fiction is a genre I enjoy equally, and I feel like there is more room in the market for a good iso sci-fi RPG.

I'm the sole developer on the project, have spent the last three years on the side building the "engine within the engine" to make story/quest population as seamless as possible, and have now started work on that aspect of the game. It's going pretty quickly now at this point and it's a lot of fun executing on the writing.

Anyhow, thanks again for the comments!

Developer here. Thanks for the comments.

The games I love to play the most are RPGs, and in particular isometric cRPGs. Recently, Colony Ship is the one that grabbed me - played through that one three times, got something like 95% of the achievements for it. Others I really enjoyed recently include Encased, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, and Trudograd. I really enjoy the post-apocalypse as a genre, but that seems really over-saturated at this point of time. Science fiction is a genre I enjoy equally, and I feel like there is more room in the market for a good iso sci-fi RPG.

I'm the sole developer on the project, have spent the last three years on the side building the "engine within the engine" to make story/quest population as seamless as possible, and have now started work on that aspect of the game. It's going pretty quickly now at this point and it's a lot of fun executing on the writing.

Anyhow, thanks again for the comments!

With those gaming tastes and influences, I'm very much looking forward to play your game. It's wishlisted now, good luck and keep strong, solo-devving must be insanely taxing.

PS: Please allow creating/playing female characters!

Last edited:
Thank you all, much appreciated!
With those gaming tastes and influences, I'm very much looking forward to play your game. It's wishlisted now, good luck and keep strong, solo-devving must be insanely taxing.

PS: Please allow creating/playing female characters!
Yep, it's definitely hard - some days I think I'm crazy for taking on this project, but it's what I want to do. Spending three years setting the table has helped, so that it's just (mostly) a matter now of just quest and story input.

For sure, players will be able to play as either a male and female character.

Back
Top Bottom