Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Kickstarter Update

My thought exactly - I pledged support and wanted both funded, but it is sad to see one get 1200% support and the other struggling to make the goal … I just hope it gets there.

For me … more games = better. That way it is possible to have these types of debates. ;)

I'll glady buy SR Hong Kong when it's released - but I'll let you guys do the backing :)

They have all the tools in place to make this at minimal cost, except 6 months pay. I smell opportunism - but it's no big deal.

I just don't feel like supporting such a thing.

And you "screw them" by only pledging 15$ because you get the game + exp cheaper than buying from Steam.

Anyways, too late now.

I have no interest in screwing anybody (except my GF) as I'm not a child - I just don't want to show my support for games I don't really care about.

I'll find a nice cheap key once it's out :)

From your post I got a feeling like you feel they are doing something wrong so if you planned to buy it anyways on Steam later you might as well backed them for 15$ in KS as you get more value for less money. By buying their game on Steam later you actually support them more :p

From your post I got a feeling like you feel they are doing something wrong so if you planned to buy it anyways on Steam later you might as well backed them for 15$ in KS as you get more value for less money. By buying their game on Steam later you actually support them more :p

No, I don't think they're doing anything wrong. I think they're doing something I don't feel like supporting.

I don't care about the money - and I almost never buy anything on Steam.

Steam, GoG, whatever.. it will still cost more in the end.

You clearly don't know much about sales and cheap keys :)

But if you feel better pretending I can't get the game cheap if and when I want to, then I won't get in your way.

Well of course you can wait for a sale 3+ months later. Or you can visit shady places like G2A but by default I consider people better than that :p

Being validated by you is something I'll have a rough time missing out on :)

But let's let the thread get back on topic, eh?

I'll glady buy SR Hong Kong when it's released - but I'll let you guys do the backing :)

They have all the tools in place to make this at minimal cost, except 6 months pay. I smell opportunism - but it's no big deal.

I just don't feel like supporting such a thing.

I totally get what you are saying ... for me $15 for a game I would likely buy anyway was reasonable :) But the important thing is that each of us made a choice that worked for *us* ... I don't see any nefarious motives behind your decision to do what made sense for you ... ;)

I totally get what you are saying … for me $15 for a game I would likely buy anyway was reasonable :) But the important thing is that each of us made a choice that worked for *us* … I don't see any nefarious motives behind your decision to do what made sense for you … ;)

Price is more than fair, really, but I have to feel like playing something before supporting it :)

But you never know, and if they make significant improvements to the mechanics and exploration elements - I'd gladly pay 50$ or more.

I'm just not seeing that in the cards. Again, it just doesn't seem like they care about these things like I do.

That said, the games clearly have a lot of fans - and I truly hope it will satisfy you guys :)

But you never know, and if they make significant improvements to the mechanics and exploration elements - I'd gladly pay 50$ or more.

Well, I figure the move away from thinking about an iPad port can only be a good thing.

Yes ... I DID just say that ;) I think Fahrenheit was the last straw for me ...

Well, I figure the move away from thinking about an iPad port can only be a good thing.

Yes … I DID just say that ;) I think Fahrenheit was the last straw for me …

Hehe, I wasn't going to mention that - but it's the ONE thing that gives me a little bit of hope :)

But based on the concept art and pitch - it looks like they're re-using the editor and assets from the original games. So, unless they completely change the sophistication of the engine and how you interact with the environment, it's doubtful it'll meet my needs.

I can't tell you how boring I find clicking a few obvious hotspots in place of meaningful interaction :)

@TXA

As a complete digression (sorry):

I was *this* close to wasting a bunch of money on an iPad Air 2 - because I had the urge to get a shiny new gadget.

So, I spent an entire evening trying to justify it by looking for new and exciting games/apps on the App store - and surfing the web.

Truly, I came up utterly empty :(

@TXA

As a complete digression (sorry):

I was *this* close to wasting a bunch of money on an iPad Air 2 - because I had the urge to get a shiny new gadget.

So, I spent an entire evening trying to justify it by looking for new and exciting games/apps on the App store - and surfing the web.

Truly, I came up utterly empty :(

Totally agree - the fact that I can play games on it that play better on the Macbook Air (let alone my gaming PC) just no longer impresses me.

I have an Air 2 - and an iPhone 6 ... and in the next week I am selling off the Air 2 and buying an iPhone 6 Plus now that they are more available (and giving the 6 to the wife). I will buy an iPad Mini 2 ... because at this point the main justification for the Air 2 is music, and I don't need the Air 2 for the music making stuff I do.

Totally agree - the fact that I can play games on it that play better on the Macbook Air (let alone my gaming PC) just no longer impresses me.

I have an Air 2 - and an iPhone 6 … and in the next week I am selling off the Air 2 and buying an iPhone 6 Plus now that they are more available (and giving the 6 to the wife). I will buy an iPad Mini 2 … because at this point the main justification for the Air 2 is music, and I don't need the Air 2 for the music making stuff I do.

I would have gone for the Mini 2 - if only the CPU wasn't inferior.

I might still buy an Air 2 - but I'll know it will be a waste if I do.

I don't understand how there's not a SINGLE exclusive game that interests me after all these years.

Ok, so Shadow Sun looks pretty cool - but we both know it can't touch a meaty RPG for PC/OSX.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom